Made the Trade - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Other Firearms

Like Tree71Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2017, 04:11 AM   #1

Made the Trade

I go on Armslist at least once a week and usually more than that. I like to see what people are looking for and if they are looking for something I own that I would part with.
I had my S&W Shield 9mm that I wanted to sell, originally to help pay for a Micro 9. I never really did anything to sell it at this point but I was thinking it over and while on Armslist I saw I listing for a Sig P938 Extreme 9mm. The seller said he was only excepting a trade for a Shield 9mm with night sights and a safety. I happen to have exactly what he was looking for and I was very interested. It also said he wanted some cash on top of the trade.
I sent a message to him inquiring about the gun and how much cash he was looking for, he responded $125. I also had 2 extra extended mags and a holster which I was willing to give up. I started added up how much I had into this gun and sent him a message saying thanks for his quick response but unfortunately that was too much money plus I would have to drive to him. He responded by saying I understand your point and he would be willing to make and even trade. He said he is an FFL and would only change $15 for the transfer. I said I will give you an answer tomorrow, an hour or so later he said he would waive the fee if I came this weekend. He liked the condition of my gun and his gun had only 50 rounds shot and it looked as he described. We made the deal happen and I now own a Sig 938 Extreme.
I really like the gun, it has one 6 and one 7 round mag, Sig night sights,ambi saftey and G10 grips. I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet but when I do I will report back. Now I have two guns that I haven't shot yet. Not the worst thing that can happen I guess.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0259.JPG (2.34 MB, 23 views)
Chuck43, Marshall, 2sharp2 and 7 others like this.
JC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 03-26-2017, 04:23 AM   #2

Congrats on the successful trade. The 938 is a nice gun. I've never been impressed with the Shield. I wonder why he wanted to part with the 938.
Chuck43, JC45 and Mini Me like this.

It's not that I have something to hide, ... I have nothing I want you to see.

(remember your 4th Amendment right, people)
Insta-Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 06:07 AM   #3

Yeah, you came out like a bandit on that trade. The Shield his a piece of junk compared to a P938. I have a TON of buddies I shoot with, 2 are FFL dealers and they all love my P938's , some own 1, I own 3, and NONE like the Shield. 1 guy owned one that we all shot and not a person liked it. He sold it and took a BATH. Paid $500.00 and sold it 2 years later for $325.00 with a holster he bought and never used. The Sig is a twin of the Micro 9 but with a melt job for better carry. The M9 even fits my factory hard case for the P938.
Matter of fact, I'll be wearing my Sig P938 BRG to church this morning in a Crossbreed holster at the 4 o'clock position.
Amen !
JC45 likes this.
drafter is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-26-2017, 06:16 AM   #4

We have a slam dunk K/T winner this morning.
JC45 likes this.

If you have a problem with that, choose a orifice.
End of subject.
Tinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 06:35 AM   #5
Super Moderator

I think you came out the winner on that trade JC. I have a P938 SAS and love it, 100% reliable, easy to shoot and conceals well. It's not my EDC but when I have to dress up and gun down it's my go to gun.
JC45 likes this.

Chuck43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 06:43 AM   #6

Nice score, congratulations
JC45 likes this.

KEEP CALM AND RETURN FIRE

NRA Life Member
Dude22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 06:46 AM   #7

Originally Posted by Insta-Gator View Post
Congrats on the successful trade. The 938 is a nice gun. I've never been impressed with the Shield. I wonder why he wanted to part with the 938.
I asked him if it was for him or a customer and he said it was for him. He said he wanted a striker-fired gun. I said, ok.
Chuck43 likes this.
Old 03-26-2017, 06:54 AM   #8

Originally Posted by drafter View Post
Yeah, you came out like a bandit on that trade. The Shield his a piece of junk compared to a P938. I have a TON of buddies I shoot with, 2 are FFL dealers and they all love my P938's , some own 1, I own 3, and NONE like the Shield. 1 guy owned one that we all shot and not a person liked it. He sold it and took a BATH. Paid $500.00 and sold it 2 years later for $325.00 with a holster he bought and never used. The Sig is a twin of the Micro 9 but with a melt job for better carry. The M9 even fits my factory hard case for the P938.
Matter of fact, I'll be wearing my Sig P938 BRG to church this morning in a Crossbreed holster at the 4 o'clock position.
Amen !
I prefer a SA over a striker fired gun and I was very happy to make the trade but I will say that the Shield is a 100% reliable gun that would serve anyone well. The finish was durable and it never had a failure of any kind. I know I couldn't sell the Shield and get enough money to buy any Micro 9 outright but I did have enough money into my Shield that added up to the price of the 938. The guy I made the trade with didn't do bad either. We were both happy with the trade.
Chuck43 and 380help like this.
Old 03-26-2017, 07:13 AM   #9

Originally Posted by Chuck43 View Post
I think you came out the winner on that trade JC. I have a P938 SAS and love it, 100% reliable, easy to shoot and conceals well. It's not my EDC but when I have to dress up and gun down it's my go to gun.
I'm sure I will carry the gun more in the summer than the winter, I've been getting very used to carrying my Eclipse Pro II in my KG holster.
Chuck43 likes this.
Old 03-26-2017, 07:21 AM   #10

Does anyone know if someone makes a grip extension for the 6 round mag ? Are there any other companies that make extended magazines ? Any suggestions for holsters, either OWB or IWB ?