Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Other Firearms

Like Tree8Likes
  • 6 Post By ky wonder
  • 1 Post By ky wonder
  • 1 Post By ky wonder

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2017, 02:53 PM   #1

bag of gun parts, savage 1907 380

stopped in at my local country store/ gun dealer Saturday afternoon, and he brought out a Ziploc bag full of gun parts, containing what looked like a complete pistol.
he said that he had taken the gun in that condition for 10 bucks worth of gas , knowing it would not work, and that he did not know out how to reassemble the pistol.

so he said he would sell it to me for $25 bucks, so I jumped on it, brought it home and watched a you-tube video on how to put it back together

and diagnosed the original failure that caused the gun to quit running, it was a broken sear trip catch.

, I experiment with jb weld and actually got it to fire one round and it hit at point of aim, and ejected the brass an re-cocked the striker, so then I new the gun was worth the $13 part from Numrich

it showed they had one in stock and I ordered at that moment so now I am waiting for it to arrive so I can get this 102 year old gun back in operation and running at full speed

on the web it showed they shipped with steel, gutcha rubber, ivory and pearl grips and with the yellowing its hard for me to know for sure, there is no grain in the grips like ivory would have and there is some translucence swirls in the grips does MOP yellow with age?

1915 model 1907 savage, double stack mag that holds 9 rounds, its a really neat old pistol! points great I am setting on a case of 1000 rds of perfecta 380 I hope she gets to eat a lot of it
[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
Chuck43, 2sharp2, Jflytle and 3 others like this.
ky wonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 07-10-2017, 03:32 PM   #2

That was a great find. What do you think it's worth?
Drewpdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 04:51 PM   #3

hopefully more than 40 dollars or I will be in the hole on it
Drewpdawg likes this.

Old 07-10-2017, 05:06 PM   #4

Super, KY!
I have a 1907 in .32 ACP. I bought it because it looked cool, and kept it because it's fun to shoot.

Mine came with the original black grips, but one was cracked. I was overjoyed to find someone that still makes them. They might be available from Numrich. My repros look EXACTLY like the originals. I don't think anyone other than an expert can tell the difference.

Aside from the clunky old-school sights, safety, and magazine release, there's no reason why I wouldn't be comfortable carrying this. It's 100% reliable.

Join the NRA
RustyIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 05:53 PM   #5

well I got the part in and I am proud to say the 102 year old is running smooth again now, ran a box of perfecta 380 advertised at 1066 fps through her and she was flawless but snappy with that ammo

found out the grips are old catalin grips and the collectors seem to like them, better than replacing them with modern repops,

its apparent john wayne liked them and the colts he used in a lot of his westerns are dressed out with the same material in the grips
starnovi likes this.
Old 07-28-2017, 06:40 PM   #6

Wow! Kudos to you for getting back together! It's a very cool looking pistol.

Heinie Lady Hawk 1911
Kimber Raptor 9mm full size SS
Kimber Sapphire Ultra Compact II 9mm
Kimber Micro 9 CTLG
Kimber Micro 380 Advocate
Sig Ultra Compact 2 tone 45 ACP
Sig P238 HD Nickel
Colt AR-15 9mm
CZ Rami 9mm
Glock 19
Glock 43
Smith & Wesson M&P 9 Pro Series C.O.R.E.
Smith & Wesson M&P 22 compact
Walther PPS M2
starnovi is offline   Reply With Quote