Walther PPQ & Hellenic Special Forces - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Other Firearms

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2015, 02:08 PM   #1

Walther PPQ & Hellenic Special Forces

Here is an interesting video of the Hellenic special forces trying out a polymer framed striker fired Walther PPQ Navy. I have been lucky enough to try out one of these and think it has the best out of the box triggers for any striker fired gun, better than my H&K VP9, Sig 320 and any Glock I've ever shot.
canonshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 04-01-2015, 03:26 PM   #2

Interesting to see that Walther chose to use the Greek military to highlight the features of its gun. The gun looks great. Too bad it isn't made in .45 ACP.

Why aren't those hotshots over helping to deal with ISIS? They look like they could do some good ...

Old 04-01-2015, 10:50 PM   #3

The PPQ is based off the pistol that Walther made for the Polish SF, they pushed Walther for the awesome trigger.
I own a PPQ in .40, it is a very good gun. More Glock 22 size then 23 even though it has a four inch barrel. I actually feel the trigger may be too light for a none safety carry gun and most say as much as I like the gun. I still prefer Glocks when it come to plastic pistols.
I have never been one to think a trigger is better simple because the pull is a couple pounds lighter.
Anyway hears my PPQ, if anyone wants to see what they look like. I did install 10-8 sights on it, U notch rear and brass bead front.

Last edited by Tankgunner; 04-01-2015 at 10:52 PM.
Tankgunner is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-02-2015, 09:05 AM   #4

Originally Posted by Tankgunner View Post
The PPQ is based off the pistol that Walther made for the Polish SF, they pushed Walther for the awesome trigger.
I own a PPQ in .40, it is a very good gun. More Glock 22 size then 23 even though it has a four inch barrel. I actually feel the trigger may be too light for a none safety carry gun and most say as much as I like the gun. I still prefer Glocks when it come to plastic pistols.
I have never been one to think a trigger is better simple because the pull is a couple pounds lighter.
Anyway hears my PPQ, if anyone wants to see what they look like. I did install 10-8 sights on it, U notch rear and brass bead front.
I don't think it's all that light of a pull 5 1/4lbs. +/- close to a S&W M&P and Glock 19 and 17. Have you ever checked your pull weight? It's not just the pull weight of the trigger but it is smooth with a a nice take up, clean crisp break and really nice reset, for a striker gun. I like your gun and I'm a fan of 10-8 sights. My favorite set up is plain rear with brass or gold front.
Old 04-02-2015, 10:01 AM   #5

Yes, mine checks in at 4.13 lbs. but feels significantly lighter. It does have a really good reset very Glock like. The four different Glocks that I occasionally carry have trigger pulls from 5.11 to 6.2 lbs. For whatever reason I have better trigger control with the Glocks, I am able to stage the trigger and brake the shot much more consistently when I want the shot to brake. With the PPQ sometimes the shot brakes a little early.
I like the 10-8 sights, also have the same set up on a Glock 21. I am a big fan of the U notch rear, two others besides 10-8 that I highly recommend are Trijicon HD's and Vickers battle sights(a Larry Vickers Wilson combat product). Our eyes are naturally drawn to corners and with the U the eyes are drawn to the tip of the front sight faster, I know it works for me.
Old 04-02-2015, 10:15 AM   #6

Yes, mine checks in at 4.13 lbs. but feels significantly lighter. It does have a really good reset very Glock like. The four different Glocks that I occasionally carry have trigger pulls from 5.11 to 6.2 lbs. For whatever reason I have better trigger control with the Glocks, I am able to stage the trigger and brake the shot much more consistently when I want the shot to brake. With the PPQ sometimes the shot brakes a little early.
I like the 10-8 sights, also have the same set up on a Glock 21. I am a big fan of the U notch rear, two others besides 10-8 that I highly recommend are Trijicon HD's and Vickers battle sights(a Larry Vickers Wilson combat product). Our eyes are naturally drawn to corners and with the U the eyes are drawn to the tip of the front sight faster, I know it works for me.
Have you put a lot of rounds through your PPQ? The one I shot was new out of the box and never fired, we measured trigger pull at 5 1/4lbs. +/- took five measurements with a (I think) Timney scale. Maybe because it was never fired it came in at a higher weight.
Old 04-02-2015, 12:34 PM   #7

Have close to 800 rounds fired in the PPQ, used my Lyman gauge. I general wait till my guns have 500 rounds fired before I test them, average of five pulls.
Old 04-02-2015, 12:46 PM   #8

Have close to 800 rounds fired in the PPQ, used my Lyman gauge. I general wait till my guns have 500 rounds fired before I test them, average of five pulls.
I agree about going 500 rounds. Did you by any chance check your trigger before the 800 rounds?
Old 04-02-2015, 01:52 PM   #9

No, but you may be right about the trigger getting lighter with use. As with most of my other guns this was the case.

Search tags for this page

kimber vs ppq

why dont any special forces use walther ppq

Click on a term to search for related topics.