Ar15 - Kimber Forum

Kimber


Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Other Firearms

Like Tree78Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2018, 12:03 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Masquer08er's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 484
Ar15

I never wanted one until now. Without breaking the bank, and considering I have no interest in building one, what are some good options for ready out of the box? From the few I've shot, trigger is important to me. I'm looking for some good options to check out. I've read about the Mossberg MMR. That is around the price I'd be looking at, but would go up if I thought it was worth it for my needs. I'm not in a hurry.
__________________
ĎLaissez Les Bons Temps Roulerí
Masquer08er is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 04-06-2018, 12:07 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Shootinit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 3,910
what caliber do you want to go with?
Masquer08er likes this.
Shootinit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 12:34 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 133
Originally Posted by Masquer08er View Post
I never wanted one until now. Without breaking the bank, and considering I have no interest in building one, what are some good options for ready out of the box? From the few I've shot, trigger is important to me. I'm looking for some good options to check out. I've read about the Mossberg MMR. That is around the price I'd be looking at, but would go up if I thought it was worth it for my needs. I'm not in a hurry.
Personally, I like Aeroprecision. I don't have one yet either, but have been looking at there complete rifles, or possibly building one. I have tried them and they are nice.
Masquer08er likes this.

Last edited by Holster; 04-06-2018 at 12:38 PM.
Holster is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 04-06-2018, 12:38 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Masquer08er's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 484
Originally Posted by Shootinit View Post
what caliber do you want to go with?
5.56 NATO or 300 blackout are what I had thought about, but I am open to suggestions. My knowledge on the subject is limited. It would be for home defense/target (I'd probably reach for my pistol first).
__________________
ĎLaissez Les Bons Temps Roulerí
Masquer08er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 01:08 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Shootinit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 3,910
Originally Posted by Masquer08er View Post
5.56 NATO or 300 blackout are what I had thought about, but I am open to suggestions. My knowledge on the subject is limited. It would be for home defense/target (I'd probably reach for my pistol first).
building is easy...buy the components you want.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5339-2.jpg (2.98 MB, 14 views)
cnutco, Masquer08er and wayne like this.
Shootinit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 01:16 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 368
Palmetto State Armory - good quality for a great price. Watch their daily deals. They have a good one today: PSA 18" Rifle Length .223 Wylde 1/7 Stainless Steel M-Lok MOE EPT Freedom Rifle - 516447014
Masquer08er and wayne like this.
DaVinci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 01:41 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
wayne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 499
That's I nice looking rifle Shootinit. If decide to go with .556 I would look for somthing in .223 Wylde, that way you can run .223 or .556/.556 nato. I don't much about the 300 blackout. I'm currently building a couple of .223 Wyldes.
If you buy a off the shelf one you can always upgrade parts as budget or desire allows.
Masquer08er likes this.
__________________
Some people's heroes wear a cape and some fly, My heroes wear combat boots and sometimes die.

AMERICA WE HAVE A PROBLEM
wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 01:43 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Shootinit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 3,910
Originally Posted by wayne View Post
That's I nice looking rifle Shootinit. If decide to go with .556 I would look for somthing in .223 Wylde, that way you can run .223 or .556/.556 nato. I don't much about the 300 blackout. I'm currently building a couple of .223 Wyldes.
If you buy a off the shelf one you can always upgrade parts as budget or desire allows.
WILDE IS GOOD TOO...GOT 3 ;-)

just hate buying things twice
Masquer08er likes this.
Shootinit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 02:29 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Cucamonga kid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Big Sky Country-The Last Best Place
Posts: 4,009
If you think you're only going to need one, like me, I went with a good solid well recognized platform; the Colt LE6920 M4 Magpul FDE in 556 NATO.

Best resale value when they enforce a mandatory buyback program.
Masquer08er likes this.
__________________
Buy American - MAGA!
Cucamonga kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 02:37 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
JC45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Northeast Pa
Posts: 6,176
I’ve had a Stag Arms Model 2 for about 10 years. It’s never had a hiccup. Nowadays they have more available models than when I bought mine. I’ve also shot several S&W M&P 15s that shot great. The sport model is about $500. Both come with lifetime warranties.
Masquer08er likes this.
JC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What did you change on your AR15? ChattanoogaPhil Other Firearms 62 10-12-2018 04:10 PM
Bit The Bullet, AR15 Supertool Other Firearms 25 03-14-2018 09:20 AM
Anatomy of an AR15 for the wife ChattanoogaPhil Other Firearms 10 11-13-2017 11:48 AM
80% AR15 advice: Manufacturer and optics RustyIron Other Firearms 23 10-31-2016 06:49 PM
Good deal right now on an Athlon scope for your AR15 Gmountain Off-Topic Discussion Forum 1 10-27-2016 01:57 PM