• 2 Post By cousinmark
  • 2 Post By bhunted
  • 2 Post By JC45
  • 3 Post By cousinmark
  • 4 Post By cousinmark

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2018, 07:55 PM   #1

10/21 RAMI fun...

I was able to put a few more rounds through the new CZ I picked up last week today. 200 Winchester 124gr NATO RN FMJ to be exact. I had spoken with a CS guy at CZ on Thursday. The manual doesn't mention anything about break in, oil or recoil spring change intervals? They picked up after just a few rings (nice). The CZ guy suggested changing the spring yearly if my round count would be less than 2k or so? Cajun Gun Works suggests 1k to be safe with the 2075. I guess I'll watch and see how this initial rig holds up? On the break I'm thinking 4-5 hundred rounds should do the trick. I did ask the rep what he thought about using grease? He said he was a Nam vet and liked grease because it "stays put". These pistols are set up opposite of a 1911 in that the steel slide rides inside the frame, aluminum in the 2075's case, seems to cry out for grease. Soooo, I greased her up last night. The pistol seemed to feel smoother when manually cycling her.
I shot today's ammo through the supplied 10 and 14 round magazines. The first round of each mag was "decocked" (double action). The red dot on the left was the first shot of each 14 round mag, the yellow dot on the right was the first shot of each 10 round mag. I'm going to need to work on that DA trigger pull... Otherwise the headshots were with the 14 and the body was ammo from the 10 round magazine. This pistol has the shortest reset of anything I own or have ever shot. Feels great to shoot but will take some training to get used to. Guess I'll have to hit the range more often :-) thankfully my club offers unlimited range time for members.
The pistol performed without a failure of any sort and paper was at 7 yards. Fun...
...by the way, none of the holes in the wall of the range came from me, I was in the lane on the end and they were already there :-)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1219.jpg (1.25 MB, 17 views)
Chuck43 and JC45 like this.

Last edited by cousinmark; 10-21-2018 at 07:58 PM.
cousinmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 10-21-2018, 08:11 PM   #2

Def not the same as a 1911. I see a problem you have of either 2 things. I am affected by one of the 2.
Your finger is not placed properly and you are slightly pulling to the left -or- your eyes suck like mine.

So if you have vision issues, you need to find a way to adapt. Either move the sight to pick up the difference of the distance or get glasses that would assist your hobby.
I can shoot a 1911 near perfect. However, my HKs, my Sigs, etc., have the same issues. You need to root out the problem.

Finger position is important especially on these guns. It will screw with you.
Put a penny and balance it on the front sight and dry fire practice.
Hope it helps... good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Chuck43 and cousinmark like this.

John, aka BHunted
NRA Life Patriot Benefactor Member - Sumner Gun - ANJRPC - GFH - Patriot Guard

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote". -Benjamin Franklin

---------------------------------------
Kimber Warrior SOC
SS Raptor Pro
Ultra Covert II
bhunted is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 09:07 PM   #3

Thanks John, I'm thinking some practice with this trigger will be a big help. It's wide and smooth faced, great but different. I noticed the placement of the pad of my finger wandering. The overall feel is significantly different with the 10 and 14 round mags too. Lots more to hold onto with the 14. Like I mentioned the pistol feels great in my hand, I'm looking forward to giving things another go tomorrow :-)
Chuck43 and bhunted like this.

Old 10-22-2018, 03:58 AM   #4

Forgot to ask. Does this model’s grips have different size exchangeable side and back panels?

New HKs and some others are doing that now enabling you to get your finger and hand just where it needs to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John, aka BHunted
NRA Life Patriot Benefactor Member - Sumner Gun - ANJRPC - GFH - Patriot Guard

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote". -Benjamin Franklin

---------------------------------------
Kimber Warrior SOC
SS Raptor Pro
Ultra Covert II

Last edited by bhunted; 10-22-2018 at 07:54 AM. Reason: spelling
bhunted is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 04:59 AM   #5

The Rami is a nice gun, hope you enjoy it. CZ makes some very reliable guns. I don’t shoot my 75BD that much but it’s never had any kind of failure.
JC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 05:40 AM   #6

Thanks JC, that reputation for reliability is what got me interested. I can't cite the standard (it's not an Elvis black belt) but several of the model 75 variants get the NATO stamp of approval. This pistol is a scaled down version of the 75 and has lots of good press. What got me was the feel. I like the way the rubber grips fit my hand.
And no John, there's just one stock grip size. No adjustable swells, the stock set up falls in the L-XL range, it's way wider than my LC9s. Like I previously suggested, a nice handful :-)
Chuck43, bhunted and JC45 like this.
Old 10-23-2018, 04:56 AM   #7

10/22 more fun...

Here's a follow up. This time out 100 Winchester NATO 124gr FMJ. I ran 50 through the 10 round mag first, first round of each magazine DA to the red dot on left, other rounds SA to the head. The next 50 was with the 14 shot mag, first round of each DA to the yellow dot on the right, others SA to the body. Other than needing to continue working on my aim there were zero problems with the pistol :-)
...target was at 7 yards.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1223.jpg (1.65 MB, 5 views)
Chuck43, Dude22, bhunted and 1 others like this.