• 1 Post By Shootinit
  • 1 Post By Dude22
  • 1 Post By cousinmark
  • 1 Post By Shootinit
  • 1 Post By JC45

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2018, 07:02 PM   #1

more RAMI fun (I think) ???

...well, I was able to get a few more sessions in with my new CZ. I have to say I believe this pistol "points" on target better than anything else I have. Meaning if I point it and then look to see where the sights are lined up to they're pretty much on target. I'm sure in an actual emergency this would be a really good thing.
The past few times out I brought 50 Winchester 124gr FMJ NATO and 50 American Eagle 124 gr FMJ each time. note that prior to this I've run 300 rounds of the Winchester NATO ammo and a Magazine of Federal 124 HST without fail. These last two outings I shot using only a 10 round magazine. I can get three fingers on the grip solidly and as that's the way the pistol will be carried I figure working with the 10 will keep things simple. I've been firing the first round (DA) at the yellow dot on the target and the remaining 9 (SA) at the main bullseye. I seem to be getting the feel for the first DA shot and settling in on a finger position so that's all good. I have had a few hang ups though? 3 to be exact, all with the Federal ammo. I'm finding the fired cartridge maybe 1/2" out of the chamber and the fresh round jammed under it. The slide is 3/4 returned to battery. To clear it I need to lock the slide open, push the live round back into the magazine, drop the magazine and manually cycle the slide :-( This happened once the other day and twice today. On both days I fired the box of federal ammo first and the Winchester last, again no problems with the Winchester? Today I also ran a magazine of Federal 124gr HST without fail? I suppose logic would suggest it's the ammo...
...target was at 7 yards and after the snags today I lost my focus a little so I'm blaming the misses on that :-)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1235.jpg (1.42 MB, 7 views)
Chuck43 likes this.
cousinmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 10-30-2018, 10:10 PM   #2

love mine...pick it up in spring for 600 new...my edc
cousinmark likes this.
Shootinit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 05:49 AM   #3

The Rami is on my short list
cousinmark likes this.

KEEP CALM AND RETURN FIRE

NRA Life Member
Dude22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-31-2018, 06:43 AM   #4

Originally Posted by Dude22 View Post
The Rami is on my short list
If you hold one you'll I'll bet you'll buy it...
Dude22 likes this.
Old 10-31-2018, 08:55 AM   #5

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5518.JPG (1.52 MB, 6 views)
cousinmark likes this.
Old 10-31-2018, 02:52 PM   #6

Sounds to me like it’s the ammo.

Shootinit , the grips look good on your Rami.
Shootinit likes this.
JC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 06:00 AM   #7

Originally Posted by cousinmark View Post
If you hold one you'll I'll bet you'll buy it...
Thatís what Iím afraid of!

KEEP CALM AND RETURN FIRE

NRA Life Member
Dude22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 08:56 AM   #8

took me a couple years to find mine.....found it a a gun show... the next day i had a heart attack.....had to wait 12 days to play with it...
Old 11-01-2018, 09:32 AM   #9

...another try yesterday. This time I ran 50 Remington 115gr FMJ, had two hang ups :-( Next I ran 50 Federal 124gr HST, had no problems with it. All of the DA shots were to the top target and everything else was to the lower. Everything was fired out of the 10 round magazine. I seem to be getting the feel for the trigger so there's that. The failures are unacceptable though so "Dorothy" is headed back to Kansas as we speak. I'm thinking the extractor may need to be fine tuned? CZ's website is saying 4-6 weeks, I'm ok with that as long as they get her tuned up properly.
...target was at 7 yards
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1237.JPG (1.59 MB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1245.jpg (1.75 MB, 1 views)
Old 12-21-2018, 08:48 AM   #10

Well my little Chech handful made it back from Kansas on Monday. CZ ships FedEx and requires the delivery is made to the owners address so picking up at a hub is not an option like with UPS. Thankfully they made it to my home around 2 so I was able to get some errands done. They centered the front sight, it was off a bit and also adjusted the extractor and breech face. The pistol was dripping wet like it had been sprayed down? I cleaned her up and noticed the front sight looked a little dim Monday night, figured it was that way and I hadn't noticed before. I had some work to do in Atlanta Tuesday but brought my range gear so I could test things out on my way home.
I ran a magazine (10 rounds) of the Federal HST 124gr first and had no problems, next up 50 American Eagle 124gr FMJ. This is from the batch that previously had a few snags. No problems out of this box. Another box of the AE was next, this time however I had that same hang up at about rounds 17 and 25, the rest of the box ran fine. Out of curiosity I grabbed a box of Atlanta Arms 115gr FMJ to try and had no problems with it?
With the sight adjusted I was really happy to find I was hitting the paper where I wanted to better. I figured I'd shoot the pistol more with ammo she likes and try the AE stuff in a few weeks, see what happens?
Unfortunately after cleaning up Tuesday night I found that the front sight was no longer dim, it was DEAD :-(
Dorothy was on the first train back to Kansas on Wednesday, UGH!!!