Kimber Talk Forums banner

Fallen Way Off The 1911 Wagon

2K views 29 replies 10 participants last post by  Chuck43 
#1 ·
Sorry this may be a long story.
Well truthfully this firearm has been on my "To Buy" someday list for a very, very long time even before I really knew exactly what a Kimber was. A Benelli autoloader scattergun a Montefeltro Silver 12ga to be exact. Been watching, looking, shopping for a long time, then they came out a few years back with the Ethos, which I liked a lot but the Ethos is priced right at 2K, so I was undecided which to buy. I kept coming back to the Silver. I asked the Mrs. which she thought looked the best, she said the Silver, Dilly Dilly it was done.

There is a gun shop about 30? miles from my house that I love to go to. Vickie dreads going there with me, she knows I'll be in there a long time. It is like a Cracker Barrel Gun store, they have rocking chairs out front for folks to sit in. Inside it is still old school, pistol cases with people that will let you hold every pistol in the case if you want to. The rifles and shotguns are in racks all over the store and you can just walk over and pick up any long gun you want just like the old days. Benton Shooters Supply
They didn't have a Montefeltro Silver in stock, he could call his Benelli supplier to see if he had one and if he did it would take 2 weeks to get it in. So much for supporting local gun business. I want it for Christmas. Price was not bad at $1,575, no shipping but add high Tennessee sales tax.
GunBroker had three, a rough looking used one for $1,350 and the other two $1,600 and up.

Here is the crust to the story. Kentucky Gun Co I check there site from time to time, pretty ok, I've bought from them a few times. Main issue with KGC guessing about 80-90% of there stock is "Out Of Stock." You have to get price quote by requesting it by email (annoying but I did) this morning I check the answer. I was shocked and surprised, quote was a little over 200 bucks less than the best price I had found anyplace else.

I have a new in box Montefeltro Silver 12ga coming for Christmas.

That was a long story just for that HUH?

It was slow on here I was bored.

See less See more
#2 ·
Congratulations Arland, several years back I was at a Gander Mountain Store and the one thing I liked about them was they had racks of long guns that you could pick up and hold without dealing with a sales rep. I happen to come across a Montefeltro and boy that was a nice shotgun. The feel and the balance was amazing and of course it’s beautiful. Excellent choice, enjoy it.

#6 ·
Congratulations Arland, several years back I was at a Gander Mountain Store and the one thing I liked about them was they had racks of long guns that you could pick up and hold without dealing with a sales rep. I happen to come across a Montefeltro and boy that was a nice shotgun. The feel and the balance was amazing and of course it's beautiful. Excellent choice, enjoy it.
Yep always loved the way they balanced on the shoulder and what's not to like about the looks.

Reactions: JC45
#3 ·
Very nice! I bought Mrs Longhorn a Montefeltro Compact in 20 ga for Christmas for $925. We got to try it out Saturday. Sweet shooter, though too short for me (I'm 6'6"). Her gift to me, a Beretta 686 Silver Pigeon 30" 12 ga arrived at the FFL yesterday. I'll go pick it up Saturday. There'll be lots of empty shotshells around our parts this holiday season!

#8 ·
Good price on the Compact. The Silver Pigeon is a beautiful shotgun. In celebration of my freedom from my first wife, it took me awhile to save up but I bought a 686 back in the day. It was just a field grade, nothing fancy but nice for me. I think I paid around $850 for it. I like it but only fired it a few times.

#4 ·
Arland, you scared the snot out of me just reading the title to this thread. Then I did a quick memory check of your 1911 collection and calculated which ones I could make an offer on before I realized what this was about. Congratulations on your new Shotgun. :eek:

#12 ·
Well I don't have any 9mm so perhaps the SS UC in 9mm, or the CDP , or the Raptor, or really leaning towards the SIS oh heck I'll take them all.
I was scared when I bought the SS UC 9mm used off Gunbroker. Listing talked about accuracy work and things done to it. But I worried for nothing it has been nothing but a fine little accurate shooter. And for only 6 Bills.

Reactions: Wingnut
#17 ·
That’s a great story Arland. Congrats on the score !!
There’s a gun store here in Houston like that.... Collectors Firearms. I can spend hours there. They are proud of their inventory but there is no other place that has so much inventory you can hold and drool over.

#18 ·
That's a great story Arland. Congrats on the score !!
There's a gun store here in Houston like that.... Collectors Firearms. I can spend hours there. They are proud of their inventory but there is no other place that has so much inventory you can hold and drool over.
"Hours?" Man listen I need to pack a sack full of sandwiches when I go. My stores prices are usually not to high.

Reactions: Chuck43 and Tejun
#19 ·
That was FAST!! Got a call at 1pm today Benelli Shotgun is here.

I think I will wrap it up and surprise myself Christmas Day. lol

#20 ·
I did that when I bought my Classic Carry Pro, I didn't tell a soul about it except for our Kimber Talk members. I wrapped it up and buried it with all the presents under the Christmas tree. I just wrote to Grandpa on it with no from. I darn near cried when I opened it, I kept asking who gave me such a wonderful, thoughtful present. I actually managed to get a little shake in my hand and crick in my voice when I carefully lifted it out of the case. Drove my son, son in law and nephews crazy, to this day they're still not sure because I never admitted buying for myself.

Reactions: 2sharp2
#23 ·
It was slow on here I was bored.
Every time I get into something new, the first thing I do is find the busiest forum that covers it and join. i.e. I bought a Kimber, here I am. I joined stangnet when I bought my first Fox body 5.0, SVT Performance when I bought my first Cobra, 3SI when I bought my Stealth RT/TT, ZX Forums when I bought my first Ninja, etc. Anyway, long way around to say that this site is pretty active. It's probably the most active one I'm on daily, and I'm on more than I can count on one hand. And as I said: I picked the most active forums when I joined these. So. Way to go, folks. Y'all are pretty great.

:)

#24 ·
Pictures

Factory packaging is awesome, barrel and receiver in plastic bags, then in red velvet gun socks, bottle of Benelli oil, shims to adjust length of pull, two field choke tubes safe with steel shot, two choke tubes to use with lead shot, tool to install and remove. Here are some pics but don't really do it justice.

Attachments

Reactions: Jflytle and Chuck43
#25 ·
More Pics

Montefeltro Silver 12ga.

Attachments

#27 ·
That's too pretty to shoot.:D
Wingnut, I thought the same thing, for sure prettiest shotgun I have, but I will shoot it, how much and how often I don't know.

#29 ·
Santa and I are TIGHT! Just like Chuck and I.

Reactions: Chuck43
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.