Fallen Way Off The 1911 Wagon - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Other Firearms

Like Tree66Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2018, 07:53 PM   #1

Fallen Way Off The 1911 Wagon

Sorry this may be a long story.
Well truthfully this firearm has been on my "To Buy" someday list for a very, very long time even before I really knew exactly what a Kimber was. A Benelli autoloader scattergun a Montefeltro Silver 12ga to be exact. Been watching, looking, shopping for a long time, then they came out a few years back with the Ethos, which I liked a lot but the Ethos is priced right at 2K, so I was undecided which to buy. I kept coming back to the Silver. I asked the Mrs. which she thought looked the best, she said the Silver, Dilly Dilly it was done.

There is a gun shop about 30? miles from my house that I love to go to. Vickie dreads going there with me, she knows I'll be in there a long time. It is like a Cracker Barrel Gun store, they have rocking chairs out front for folks to sit in. Inside it is still old school, pistol cases with people that will let you hold every pistol in the case if you want to. The rifles and shotguns are in racks all over the store and you can just walk over and pick up any long gun you want just like the old days. Benton Shooters Supply
They didn't have a Montefeltro Silver in stock, he could call his Benelli supplier to see if he had one and if he did it would take 2 weeks to get it in. So much for supporting local gun business. I want it for Christmas. Price was not bad at $1,575, no shipping but add high Tennessee sales tax.
GunBroker had three, a rough looking used one for $1,350 and the other two $1,600 and up.

Here is the crust to the story. Kentucky Gun Co I check there site from time to time, pretty ok, I've bought from them a few times. Main issue with KGC guessing about 80-90% of there stock is "Out Of Stock." You have to get price quote by requesting it by email (annoying but I did) this morning I check the answer. I was shocked and surprised, quote was a little over 200 bucks less than the best price I had found anyplace else.

I have a new in box Montefeltro Silver 12ga coming for Christmas.

That was a long story just for that HUH?

It was slow on here I was bored.

CDP & RCP Ultra's
Classic Carry Pro (Factory Bone Grips)
Custom Two-Tone 45/.460Rowland
Gold Combat Limited Edition
Master Carry Pro
Sapphire Ultra 9mm
SIS Custom, Pro, Ultra
Stainless Ultra Carry 9mm
Stainless Raptor Custom, Pro, Ultra
Super Carry Ultra Plus
TLE Pro (TFS)

84M Longmaster Classic SS .308
SVT 22lr Stainless Fluted Bull Barrel
Kimber Of America 82 Stainless Fluted .22lr
84M Varmint Stainless 204 Ruger
2sharp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 12-19-2018, 04:04 AM   #2

Congratulations Arland, several years back I was at a Gander Mountain Store and the one thing I liked about them was they had racks of long guns that you could pick up and hold without dealing with a sales rep. I happen to come across a Montefeltro and boy that was a nice shotgun. The feel and the balance was amazing and of course it’s beautiful. Excellent choice, enjoy it.
Chuck43, 2sharp2 and Supertool like this.
JC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 05:00 AM   #3

Very nice! I bought Mrs Longhorn a Montefeltro Compact in 20 ga for Christmas for $925. We got to try it out Saturday. Sweet shooter, though too short for me (I'm 6'6"). Her gift to me, a Beretta 686 Silver Pigeon 30" 12 ga arrived at the FFL yesterday. I'll go pick it up Saturday. There'll be lots of empty shotshells around our parts this holiday season!
Chuck43, 2sharp2, DaVinci and 2 others like this.

Old 12-19-2018, 05:21 AM   #4
Super Moderator

Arland, you scared the snot out of me just reading the title to this thread. Then I did a quick memory check of your 1911 collection and calculated which ones I could make an offer on before I realized what this was about. Congratulations on your new Shotgun.
2sharp2, Supertool and wayne like this.
Old 12-19-2018, 08:36 AM   #5

There is a used Montefeltro 20 gauge at the friendly LGS for $830 that keeps calling my name...
2sharp2 likes this.
Old 12-19-2018, 09:39 AM   #6

Originally Posted by JC45 View Post
Congratulations Arland, several years back I was at a Gander Mountain Store and the one thing I liked about them was they had racks of long guns that you could pick up and hold without dealing with a sales rep. I happen to come across a Montefeltro and boy that was a nice shotgun. The feel and the balance was amazing and of course itís beautiful. Excellent choice, enjoy it.
Yep always loved the way they balanced on the shoulder and what's not to like about the looks.
JC45 likes this.

CDP & RCP Ultra's
Master Carry Pro
Sapphire Ultra 9mm
SIS Custom, Pro, Ultra
Super Carry Ultra Plus
TLE Pro (TFS)

Old 12-19-2018, 09:43 AM   #7

Originally Posted by Chuck43 View Post
Arland, you scared the snot out of me just reading the title to this thread. Then I did a quick memory check of your 1911 collection and calculated which ones I could make an offer on before I realized what this was about. Congratulations on your new Shotgun.
Thatís exactly what I thought Chuck. I was drooling at the thought of getting my hands on his Ultras.
2sharp2 likes this.
Wingnut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 09:46 AM   #8

Originally Posted by Longhorn View Post
Very nice! I bought Mrs Longhorn a Montefeltro Compact in 20 ga for Christmas for $925. We got to try it out Saturday. Sweet shooter, though too short for me (I'm 6'6"). Her gift to me, a Beretta 686 Silver Pigeon 30" 12 ga arrived at the FFL yesterday. I'll go pick it up Saturday. There'll be lots of empty shotshells around our parts this holiday season!
Good price on the Compact. The Silver Pigeon is a beautiful shotgun. In celebration of my freedom from my first wife, it took me awhile to save up but I bought a 686 back in the day. It was just a field grade, nothing fancy but nice for me. I think I paid around $850 for it. I like it but only fired it a few times.

CDP & RCP Ultra's
Master Carry Pro
Sapphire Ultra 9mm
SIS Custom, Pro, Ultra
Super Carry Ultra Plus
TLE Pro (TFS)

Old 12-19-2018, 10:00 AM   #9

Originally Posted by Chuck43 View Post
Sorry about that Chuck, had a hard time coming up with a title for that thread. I'll play along, which firearms was you wanting from my stash?

Got email early this morning from Kentucky Gun Co shotgun has shipped. They had a cool online feature and a great security and time saver and more importantly bypassed having to use and depend on the USPS.
"Text A Check" when you check out, click the big check and enter your cell number, you get a text, write the paper check like normal as if giving it to a store, enter your order number in the memo line, take a picture of the check and text it back to them, it took seconds I got a return text saying my check was received, good to go. Fast, easy, secure.

No fee for that service. Unlike using a CC where they charge 3%.
Chuck43 and Wingnut like this.

CDP & RCP Ultra's
Master Carry Pro
Sapphire Ultra 9mm
SIS Custom, Pro, Ultra
Super Carry Ultra Plus
TLE Pro (TFS)

Last edited by 2sharp2; 12-19-2018 at 10:02 AM.
Old 12-19-2018, 10:04 AM   #10

Originally Posted by Wingnut View Post
Thatís exactly what I thought Chuck. I was drooling at the thought of getting my hands on his Ultras.
We can play that game also. What would be your Ultra of choice that I have?
Wingnut likes this.

CDP & RCP Ultra's
Master Carry Pro
Sapphire Ultra 9mm
SIS Custom, Pro, Ultra
Super Carry Ultra Plus
TLE Pro (TFS)