...she's home :-) - Kimber Forum

Kimber


Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Other Firearms

Like Tree21Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2019, 08:29 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 2,371
...she's home :-)

My "new" CZ RAMI 2075BD made it back from Kansas after her second trip back to the midwest. First time she was having trouble getting spent cartridges out of the chamber and the front sight was a tad off center. When I got the pistol back the front night sight died within a few days, so back she went :-)
CZ was good about replacing the sight quickly, it took only a few days and the pistol was headed back to GA. In speaking with the warranty mgr I found that both the recoil assembly and the slide stop are not designed to last too long on these babies. Believe it or not he suggested replacing the recoil assembly every 500 rounds if the pistol will be a CCW. Cajun Gunworks, the CZ aftermarket gurus, suggest 1000 rounds. He also explained the slide stop is designed to fail to prevent damage to the pistol if the recoil spring goes bad. I guess this pistol is really kinda like dating a stripper :-) He offered to replace my little handful when the next batch gets here (they're backordered) but I opted to have this one fine tuned. They threw in a new recoil assembly, 14 round magazine and slide stop for my aggravation.
...as she feels REALLY nice in my hand I've decided to see if I could live with the "high maintenance" aspects of having a sub compact CZ. Today I ran 100 rounds of Winchester 124gr FMJ NATO and 12 rounds of Federal 124gr HST. There were no problems.
...the target was at 7 yards. The head shots (and one's that hit the neck) were the first shots of each magazine and shot with the "decocked" or DA trigger. Everything else was SA to the body. With a little practice I think I can get the hang of holding this little eastern european darling :-)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1394.jpg (1.52 MB, 16 views)
JC45 likes this.
cousinmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 01-14-2019, 08:34 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Shootinit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 3,921
I'll look at my slide stop ...didn't notice anything after running 1000 + through it
cousinmark likes this.
Shootinit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 08:57 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 2,371
Originally Posted by Shootinit View Post
I'll look at my slide stop ...didn't notice anything after running 1000 + through it
I got the impression that they just snap? I guess if the recoil assembly gets weak the slide stop will absorb the shock before the frame is damaged. I'm guessing the weak spot would be the right hand side where it pops through the frame? There's that little notch..
He did say that it's rare for that to happen and most often the pistols can go well over the round count he cited without a problem. I ordered a few recoil rigs so I figure I'll keep one with a low round count installed for carry and use another at the range and see how things go with it. As long as the spring is in good shape the slide stop should be safe, if it's going to blow out it'll happen at the range I'm thinking?
...for the hell of it I'd suggest you get a fresh recoil set up if you're over 1000 rounds and your RAMI is your CCW. Feels good in your hand though don't it :-)
cousinmark is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 01-14-2019, 09:36 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 2,371
UhOh, just took a look at the Chech beauty and guess what, the front sight is once again dead...
looks like she'll be headed to KS again :-(
cousinmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 06:43 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Shootinit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 3,921
Nothing looks bad in here..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0648.JPG (1.07 MB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0649.jpg (910.2 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0650.jpg (921.5 KB, 4 views)
cousinmark likes this.
Shootinit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 07:05 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
BCD 45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: SE Texas
Posts: 207
Regardless of how good CS is, that's BS for a pistol. I'd demand they give me a new gun of some type or ask them if they had an old used Glock that they could replace it with.

Jim D
__________________
"Have you ever been in a gun fight? There's no bragging rights for second place."
BCD 45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 10:00 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Cucamonga kid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Big Sky Country-The Last Best Place
Posts: 4,011
Exactly! The more praise that any company gets about their customer service department makes me go, 🤔, about that product.
cousinmark and BCD 45 like this.
__________________
Buy American - MAGA!
Cucamonga kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 10:04 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
2sharp2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Chattanooga
Posts: 11,238
Originally Posted by BCD 45 View Post
Regardless of how good CS is, that's BS for a pistol. I'd demand they give me a new gun of some type or ask them if they had an old used Glock that they could replace it with.

Jim D
I agree with BCD and was thinking the same thing. Customer service sounds great BUT the other operating facts your talking about does NOT make me want to go out and buy a CZ for any price. Matter of fact makes me want to avoid them at all costs. I'm unaware of the price point of these pistols but they must be way cheaper than Kimber's or people would not accept this required maintenance. Or is the purpose of these pistols to be carried a lot and fired/used very little?
cousinmark and BCD 45 like this.
__________________
The Kimber Family

CDP & RCP Ultra's
Classic Carry Pro (Factory Bone Grips)
Custom Two-Tone 45/.460Rowland
Gold Combat Limited Edition
Master Carry Pro
Sapphire Ultra 9mm
SIS Custom, Pro, Ultra
Stainless Ultra Carry 9mm
Stainless Raptor Custom, Pro, Ultra
Super Carry Ultra Plus
TLE Pro (TFS)

84M Longmaster Classic SS .308
SVT 22lr Stainless Fluted Bull Barrel
Kimber Of America 82 Stainless Fluted .22lr
84M Varmint Stainless 204 Ruger
2sharp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 04:05 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 2,371
Originally Posted by 2sharp2 View Post
I agree with BCD and was thinking the same thing. Customer service sounds great BUT the other operating facts your talking about does NOT make me want to go out and buy a CZ for any price. Matter of fact makes me want to avoid them at all costs. I'm unaware of the price point of these pistols but they must be way cheaper than Kimber's or people would not accept this required maintenance. Or is the purpose of these pistols to be carried a lot and fired/used very little?
Just to clarify the CZ 75 family of handguns is legendary. Some of the larger options meet NATO standards (there are NO Kimbers that can make that claim as far as I know) and boast a ridiculously low failure rate during extensive testing. There are basic models that start at a little over $400.00 and can run into the $3000.00+ range for custom competition models. The 2075 that I've got is a subcompact variation of the 75 design, it's about the size of a Glock 26 but all metal and DA/SA hammer fired. Like I mentioned the 500 round # was a suggestion for concealed carry purposes from a CZ service mgr, the CZ hop shop (Cajun Gun Works) suggests 1000 rounds as a rough guide. Both have stated that the springs often go longer at the range. I know for the big brother of the 2075, the 75 series the spring is rated for longer lifespan. As it turns out Kimber recommends replacing the recoil springs in their Micro .380s at 1000 rounds. Prior to the flatwire update I blew out a number of the original designs well short of 1000 rounds. In keeping with the 1000 round number it also turns out Kimber suggests replacing the recoil spring in ALL their 9mm PRO sized pistols at that # too. Yup, the recoil spring in my $1200.00 PRO CDPII 9mm is only rated for 1k...
...so ya, I'm disappointed that the sight died TWICE, but I like the pistol? The size and feel are perfect. When I spoke with the CS department at CZ today they owned it without an argument. When the next batch of 2075BD's gets to North America I'll be receiving a replacement.
2sharp2 likes this.
cousinmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 04:24 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
2sharp2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Chattanooga
Posts: 11,238
Originally Posted by cousinmark View Post
Just to clarify the CZ 75 family of handguns is legendary. Some of the larger options meet NATO standards (there are NO Kimbers that can make that claim as far as I know) and boast a ridiculously low failure rate during extensive testing. There are basic models that start at a little over $400.00 and can run into the $3000.00+ range for custom competition models. The 2075 that I've got is a subcompact variation of the 75 design, it's about the size of a Glock 26 but all metal and DA/SA hammer fired. Like I mentioned the 500 round # was a suggestion for concealed carry purposes from a CZ service mgr, the CZ hop shop (Cajun Gun Works) suggests 1000 rounds as a rough guide. Both have stated that the springs often go longer at the range. I know for the big brother of the 2075, the 75 series the spring is rated for longer lifespan. As it turns out Kimber recommends replacing the recoil springs in their Micro .380s at 1000 rounds. Prior to the flatwire update I blew out a number of the original designs well short of 1000 rounds. In keeping with the 1000 round number it also turns out Kimber suggests replacing the recoil spring in ALL their 9mm PRO sized pistols at that # too. Yup, the recoil spring in my $1200.00 PRO CDPII 9mm is only rated for 1k...
...so ya, I'm disappointed that the sight died TWICE, but I like the pistol? The size and feel are perfect. When I spoke with the CS department at CZ today they owned it without an argument. When the next batch of 2075BD's gets to North America I'll be receiving a replacement.

Just giving my feedback (thought that's what we were doing) no need to defend your CZ pistol. It is your circus, your money, your choice. I could care less about NATO standards. All I know about CZ 75 family is what I'm reading from you, which does not impress me. I also have no idea what size a Glock 26 is.
cousinmark and BCD 45 like this.
__________________
The Kimber Family

CDP & RCP Ultra's
Classic Carry Pro (Factory Bone Grips)
Custom Two-Tone 45/.460Rowland
Gold Combat Limited Edition
Master Carry Pro
Sapphire Ultra 9mm
SIS Custom, Pro, Ultra
Stainless Ultra Carry 9mm
Stainless Raptor Custom, Pro, Ultra
Super Carry Ultra Plus
TLE Pro (TFS)

84M Longmaster Classic SS .308
SVT 22lr Stainless Fluted Bull Barrel
Kimber Of America 82 Stainless Fluted .22lr
84M Varmint Stainless 204 Ruger
2sharp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Home Automation Chuck43 Off-Topic Discussion Forum 57 09-27-2018 08:52 PM
Finally, I can now say "Thank You!" The Tourist Off-Topic Discussion Forum 23 06-22-2018 01:03 PM
Your EDC And A Friends Home Marshall Off-Topic Discussion Forum 58 01-06-2018 06:08 AM
Good home defense shotgun NewStainless Other Firearms 73 12-28-2017 08:10 AM
Suppressors for home defense. GoCart Other Firearms 25 12-04-2017 07:21 AM