Anyone have a CZ Scorpion Evo 3??? - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Other Firearms

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2019, 04:46 PM   #1

Anyone have a CZ Scorpion Evo 3???

I'm really intrigued by the gun and am seriously considering one. Looks like a hoot to shoot and plink with. Serious fun with a binary trigger! Being a 9mm, a little accessorizing and it'd be a nice home defender as well. Although I have others for that... but still?!

Anyone have one, thoughts? Likes/dislikes? One big plus is the price on these is pretty darn good relatively speaking. The Sig MPX is almost twice as much.
cousinmark and 427malibu like this.
1000RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 02-11-2019, 05:50 PM   #2

I know what your saying about the price difference but you get what you pay for. Sig is the top, check out there reviews. Thats one on my wish list.
427malibu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 06:35 PM   #3

I've actually been reading all day... and from what I can tell, the CZ Scorpion Evo 3 is very well thought out and gets good reviews. Seems like a simpler gun to take down too.

Old 02-11-2019, 10:31 PM   #4

CZ makes GREAT products. I have a few friends who are true "gun nuts" and they more or less stick with Glock and CZ products with a variance or two when it comes to AK type weapons.
Keep in mind CZ USA does not manufacture their products, They show up here in batches. I'm currently on the wait list for a replacement 2075 BD...
Generally speaking everyone I know who owns CZ stuff likes what they have. You'll more likely than not be happy with a Scorpion.
JC45 likes this.
cousinmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 01:03 AM   #5

I’ve looked at the Scopion several times and I think they look like a lot of fun. They are reasonably priced and I think CZ puts out some great guns.
1000RR likes this.
JC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 05:29 AM   #6

Many many places are sold out right now. Some selling with the attached stock already (which I don't want). I don't want to get into the whole NFA tax stamp and wait, etc. There's other options (mainly a pistol brace) that will make it more tactical in nature without crossing the line.

I did find a couple a decent prices in the color I'd like. Now just have to figure out if/when to let the wife in on it Maybe I'll wait till Thursday and slip in the request .

Last edited by 1000RR; 02-12-2019 at 05:39 AM.
Old 02-12-2019, 08:48 AM   #7

Originally Posted by 1000RR View Post
I'm really intrigued by the gun and am seriously considering one. Looks like a hoot to shoot and plink with. Serious fun with a binary trigger! Being a 9mm, a little accessorizing and it'd be a nice home defender as well. Although I have others for that... but still?!

Anyone have one, thoughts? Likes/dislikes? One big plus is the price on these is pretty darn good relatively speaking. The Sig MPX is almost twice as much.
Well... due to last year's language on bump stock banning in FL, the statute (FL 920.222) is written broad enough that binary triggers appear to be illegal (Class 3 Felony) too. No one has been indicted yet, so that will truly be the test. But damn
Old 02-12-2019, 08:56 AM   #8

In speaking with the folks at CZ USA I've found that the guns are produced in batches and then distributed worldwide. They said there's not a predetermined schedule as to what will be produced or when. The PCR for example seems to sell out and the price on any left goes up. If you wait till the next batch of the Scorpion you like turns up you may save a few dollars? Sportsman's Supply on Gunbroker is a large CZ dealer and offers low shipping.
Be sure to post a range report and pics if you get one :-)
cousinmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 09:21 AM   #9

Originally Posted by cousinmark View Post
In speaking with the folks at CZ USA I've found that the guns are produced in batches and then distributed worldwide. They said there's not a predetermined schedule as to what will be produced or when. The PCR for example seems to sell out and the price on any left goes up. If you wait till the next batch of the Scorpion you like turns up you may save a few dollars? Sportsman's Supply on Gunbroker is a large CZ dealer and offers low shipping.
Be sure to post a range report and pics if you get one :-)
I will definitely do that. Finally found a range nearby that allows [safe] rapid fire so can practice a little more tactical shooting.

My understanding was that CZ-USA obtains the parts for the Scorpion in batches and assembles here in the US, then distributes around the US. I was looking at past prices on them and the most competitive prices were pretty good. That said, there's still an occasional deal to be found but you're right - in general supply/demand is kicking in and if you're on the demand side - on average you're gonna pay a bit more.
Old 02-12-2019, 12:31 PM   #10

Originally Posted by 1000RR View Post
...Now just have to figure out if/when to let the wife in on it Maybe I'll wait till Thursday and slip in the request .
Well, popped (not really the question) the suggestion that I "needed" another 9mm. Told her it was the tactical version of my Micro 9. She always likes to know the "why" so for all practicality told her it was a great home defense gun (truth) and would be my pet project and fun gun at the range (truth and truth).

I didn't receive a 'no'... so I'm going to go with it . Better to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission, right?!
Dude22 and JC45 like this.