Living the dream... - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Other Firearms

Like Tree7Likes
  • 7 Post By RustyIron

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2019, 09:09 PM   #1

Living the dream...

Mid-sixties, slight breeze, plenty of sunshine--the perfect day for playing hooky.

HK45C: Brought it out because that's what I like to carry on a day like today. Ran 125 rounds through her, and she did her part. Easiest shooting handgun of the bunch.

Kahr P380: Had to do some testing after adjusting the extractor. It was good before, but I wanted to make it better. 50 rounds.

AR-style pistol. Although not new, I've never shot it until today. Frustrating at first, as it was hard to find the paper. Eventually got it pretty good at 50 yards, and then started shooting silhouettes and cans at closer distances. 250 rounds. Fun stuff.

The new gun was a Sig P365. 300 perfect rounds through it. 100 Blazer aluminum and 100 Brown Bear steel case were fine, but the 100 Freedom Munitions were a disappointment. They ran great, but the recoil was noticeably less. I think Freedom is skimping on powder. This ammo was dated 2014. The Brown Bear is weird in that the powder stinks. I'm afraid to ask what the brown bear contributed to this ammo.

Four guns, 725 rounds, and not a single glitch. Life is good.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_0975.jpeg (4.75 MB, 12 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_0978.jpeg (4.17 MB, 8 views)

Join the NRA

Last edited by RustyIron; 02-27-2019 at 10:33 PM.
RustyIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 02-27-2019, 09:19 PM   #2

Glad to hear that about your 365. I just ordered one.
AZ Husker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 11:07 PM   #3

Originally Posted by AZ Husker View Post
Glad to hear that about your 365. I just ordered one.
Honestly, I didn't find anything to dislike. The gun was exactly as I expected it to be.

If I was a whiner, I'd snivel about loading the magazines. But if you want an easy-to-load magazine, buy a full-size gun. They've loosened up, but I still prefer to use the MagLula. The trigger is a long-pull striker-fired. It's really good for what it is, and that's exactly what I wanted. I didn't want a 1911. Some whimper about the size of the grip. I have big hands. When I glom onto it, it goes perfectly where it needs to be, without need for readjustment. And the surface is very grippy.

An added bonus is the ease with which the P365 can be taken down and reassembled. The slide cap and striker removal are the quickest of any gun I've seen.

I think you'll like the new Sig.

Join the NRA
RustyIron is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-28-2019, 06:52 AM   #4

The 12 rnd mags for the sig p365 give you just a little more to hold on to. I use the 12 rd fall, winter and spring then switch to the 10 rnd in summer so there is no printing.
427malibu is offline   Reply With Quote