Kimber Talk Forums banner

Da Saint is in da house!

3K views 35 replies 10 participants last post by  bhunted 
#1 ·
I got to stop going to lgs too often...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#5 ·
5.56... I struggled with that for awhile and decided not ready to add another caliber to the herd.... aaaaand they had none in stock. lol...

#7 ·
I've been lusting after one of those for years. Unfortunately, my state has an AWB which- and I may be wrong, but I believe- predates the Saint pistol so there aren't any "pre-bans" to be had. That said, it's possible that the pistol is a loophole, but I doubt it.

#9 ·
I do believe it's a work around. Otherwise it would be an sbr.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#8 ·
What barrel length does it have?
I'm considering the Sig Rattler with 5.5inch barrel in 300blk but high $$$ is holding me back.

Very nice looking rifle package.

Reactions: bhunted
#10 ·
Reactions: 2sharp2
#16 · (Edited)
Want to go all out? Get the Saint Edge. Same as the one shown but all blown out. Has sights, adjustable shoulder stock, etc.... about 400 more. I wanted the edge but none in stock and didn't want to go online or gb.

So today I add backup sights, I have M-LOK adapter rails for lights or whatever coming. Already have Aimpoint T1 red dot. Then considering changing out the stock. This one grips my arm like a hooker through heated sex. Not comfortable. ;)

https://www.springfield-armory.com/products/saint-edge-ar-15-pistol-5-56/

#19 · (Edited)
#20 ·
#22 ·
A more slippery slope (IMO) for me (a Florida resident) is the installation (or not) of a binary trigger. Florida outlawed bumpstocks but they defined bumpstocks as a device that accelerates the firing of a gun. This has led to Franklin Armory (and its dealers) stating they will not ship to Florida. If you go to the LGSs, they often take a stance that they're still legal. I won't go into the details but the bottom line is, the law is so fresh, that until there's actual "Case Law", no one knows. I just don't want to be the Johnnie Doo Little that the Case Law is developed from - haha.

#23 · (Edited)
Ok, did all the mods I wanted to do. Now along with about 6 other guns, all needing to be function tested and sight checked, we are ready to go. Going to try make it this week. Range will think I'm nuts.

The perfect home defense weapon.
New Troy sights
New adjustable SB Tactical stock
New Holosun red dot.
New Surefire Scout weapon light

#27 ·
Lol, not an Eoturd. It's a Holosun...

Reactions: Cucamonga kid
#30 ·
Only just got it. Pretty nice so far. I bought it based upon the testimony that it was better for folks with astigmatism. It is not. No different than my Aimpoints, Vortex, etc.

Only good thing that stands out is that it partially runs on solar power and battery lifespan is good considering its only a button cell.

Reactions: JC45
#31 ·
Reflex sight is a reflex sight. The only difference as far as the eye is concerned is dot size. Some eyes suffering astigmatism with suffer less distortion with smaller and larger size dots but that's an individual thing.

If someone is wondering if the distorted dot they see is a defective optic (99.9% the optic is perfectly fine), simply remove the optic from the firearm then rotate the optic while looking through it. If the distorted dot doesn't rotate with the optic then the problem is with your eyes.

All of my RDS look at a cluster of grapes. I have to wear my corrective glasses (distance) to see the dot normally.

For those who want a dot-type optic without the problems associated with astigmatism, they might consider prism optics. Something like the Vortex Spitfire AR 1x Prism which is about the size of an Aimpoint Micro. The downside is that prism optics don't co-witness well like reflex sights. The upside it that the reticle is etched so it can be used even with a dead battery which reduces by one the reason for BUIS.

https://vortexoptics.com/red-dots/spitfire-ar-prism-scope/vortex-spitfire-ar-1x-prism-scope.html

#33 ·
My prism sights are fine. And yes, I have to wear my glasses and can almost get the dot perfect by not over illuminating them.

I prefer my Aimpoints and my T1, (Pro is too big), may end up on it. Have to get a shorter mount for it cause I have micro sights and the T1 blocks them. I’m trying to keep it light and not bulky as possible.

Yep, its a work around for sbr models and a letter from SB shows they don’t care if you shoulder it. You just cannot modify or remove the strap.

#34 ·
Whelp, hopefully final config is in and range time was met.

Config:

1 - SA Saint Victor 5.56 Pistol
1 - SB Tactical Stock
1 - Troy Dioptic Backup Sights
1 - Surefire Scout with pressure switch
1 - Aimpoint T-1 2moa red dot...(may experiment with Vortex UH-1)
- 90 rounds down pipe using Magpul Gen3 Windowed Mags with 55 gr Federal fmj.

All fired from 10 yards, (some tuning after photo for better poi)...

This is my new go to home defense weapon. It is fun to shoot. Having a shorter barrel then typical ARs, created no extra burden due to size. Easy to manipulate in and around corners.

It will stay stocked with Speer LE Gold Dot 64 gr.

Not one hiccup with feeds and ejections.

Very pleased to say the least! [emoji1303]

Reactions: Tejun
#36 ·
Nope, works fine believe it or not. I wanted to keep the sights Co witnessed. I may switch the out later to taller ones. The orig T1 mount blocked them. What makes it easy to shoulder is I switched out the orig fixed brace to the adjustable one. Much easier.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.