LGS is killing me. - Page 4 - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Other Firearms

Like Tree32Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2019, 05:07 AM   #31

bhunted, clearly I would enjoy a 938. The issue for me is do I need one, or just want one?

I have a P238, which obviously launches the same size bullet. And like all handguns with short barrels, it emits smoke and some sparks from unburned powder escaping.

Since most defensive fire is in the "up close and personal" range, does my .355 bullet garner more terminal effect if I up my game to a 9x19mm?

In a life or death exchange, I would most likely use the "Mozambique" course of fire. So do I have the right pistol, or do I just want a new toy?
bhunted likes this.
Old 04-26-2019, 08:55 AM   #32

Originally Posted by The Tourist View Post
bhunted, clearly I would enjoy a 938. The issue for me is do I need one, or just want one?

I have a P238, which obviously launches the same size bullet. And like all handguns with short barrels, it emits smoke and some sparks from unburned powder escaping.

Since most defensive fire is in the "up close and personal" range, does my .355 bullet garner more terminal effect if I up my game to a 9x19mm?

In a life or death exchange, I would most likely use the "Mozambique" course of fire. So do I have the right pistol, or do I just want a new toy?
Nothing wrong with new toys. As for the 238 vs 938....and they're not that expensive.
I never thought about it because I have a lot of 9mm and my goal years ago was to consolidate my ammo. Beings I had 9mm, I made no sense to downgrade to a 380. The gun size is not that different and I didn't want to add another caliber just for one gun. I also understand the ballistics have changed for the 380 over the years and have come a long way... But as I mentioned. I have a lot of guns. Handguns are mostly in 9mm and 45acp with a side of 45LC...
Rifle, same thing. 7.62, 5.56, 6.5cm....

So now, with just as much comfort, I don't consider it a true upgrade, ( I still love my 938), but I like to travel light. No extra mags and such. This not to say I don't swap out my edc once in awhile. I may carry the 938, my HK VP9SK, etc.... But wanted something new that blew me away.
The structure of the 365 is almost equivalent to my HKs which I consider the best poly gun out there, especially similar to my VP9SK specifically. But half the size of my VP9SK.

Hey,everyone wants some new toys once in awhile.... lol.

Now on a more serious note: No handgun caliber can convince me it's right for the job. Over the years, I've seen well built mad men, stoners, heavily clothed people flick off bullets like a gnat and keep moving toward you. You need to fire as many rounds till the threat stops and why not with the best round you can afford to comfortably carry. OR, carry whatever round you want and forget about center mass. I only practice head shots. If you can consistently make perfect head shots, center mass is easy. But why waste the bullets.

John, aka BHunted
NRA Life Patriot Benefactor Member - ANJRPC - GFH - Patriot Guard

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote". -Benjamin Franklin

---------------------------------------
Kimber Warrior SOC
SS Raptor Pro
Ultra Covert II
bhunted is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 09:17 AM   #33

Originally Posted by bhunted View Post
If you can consistently make perfect head shots, center mass is easy. But why waste the bullets.
This is why I would use Mozambique.

Numerous police reports show a hit in the head with .38 SPL sometimes "bounces off" an attacker.

The Mozambique is based on the premise that if you land two shots in the chest, by dumb luck you will hit a lung and/or the heart. The final shot to the head is actually directed to the philtrum, the fleshy divot above the upper lip. The bullet will hit the nose, whose cavity is like a funnel, taking the projectile across the bottom of the brain to the spine.

Lung, heart, cerebellum and spine. Not many walk away with wounds to those areas.
bhunted and cousinmark like this.

Old 04-26-2019, 04:13 PM   #34

Originally Posted by The Tourist View Post
This is why I would use Mozambique.

Numerous police reports show a hit in the head with .38 SPL sometimes "bounces off" an attacker.

Thatís why I use 148 Grain Wadcutters in my snubbies. Loaded hot at 800 FPS their not bouncing off anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cousinmark likes this.
Albert.Cairns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 06:15 PM   #35

Originally Posted by Albert.Cairns View Post
That’s why I use 148 Grain Wadcutters in my snubbies. Loaded hot at 800 FPS their not bouncing off anything.

Several months ago I met the Sheriff of a municipality outside Charlotte, NC. In our conversation he mentioned that their issue sidearm was the HK USP 45??? I was surprised and asked why??? He said there were several instances where shots to an auto's windshield with a 9mm yielded a few bullets on the dash. Better safe than sorry I suppose...
bhunted likes this.
cousinmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 10:13 PM   #36

Originally Posted by cousinmark View Post
In our conversation he mentioned that their issue sidearm was the HK USP 45???

Clearly, the sheriff hasn't seen all the videos from Youtube Jockeys who prove that selection of handgun caliber is insignificant.
cousinmark likes this.

Join the NRA
RustyIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 04:46 PM   #37

I am getting ready to buy me a G 43x that looks like the perfect holster for it.

#L1C4
If1Hitu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 08:26 PM   #38

Originally Posted by If1Hitu View Post
I am getting ready to buy me a G 43x that looks like the perfect holster for it.

Should fit. Believe its made for it. My lgs tried every holster they had to see if they would fit the 365. There is no Tagua that is made for it yet. But the holster fits multiple guns just fine.
Should get the 365 though. People are retiring their Glocks for this gun.

427malibu likes this.

John, aka BHunted
NRA Life Patriot Benefactor Member - ANJRPC - GFH - Patriot Guard

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote". -Benjamin Franklin

---------------------------------------
Kimber Warrior SOC
SS Raptor Pro
Ultra Covert II
bhunted is online now   Reply With Quote