Range Report P938 - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Other Firearms

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Maineiac64

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2015, 01:05 PM   #1

Range Report P938

Went to the range to shoot the P938 on Saturday, working on technique and sighting to dial in the accuracy. Was able to hold the 9 ring on 3 of 5 shots at 7 yards which is an improvement. The other two were outside the 8 so I've got to work on that too. I do find it jumpy, I feel like the accuracy improves if I consciously try to hold down the muzzle flip.

Have run into an issue with the magazine dropping during the shooting causing the next round to not feed properly. This would happen on 1 of 3 magazines. At first I thought I was somehow depressing the mag release. I tried a grip with cupping instead of two thumbs forward and it still happened. Research on sig forums show that a few people have run into this issue, especially with the extended grips. I believe that there is a lot of downward pressure put on the magazine when the shooter is squeezing the grip which includes the extended magazine. I've got to call Sig to see what they say.
2sharp2 likes this.
Old 07-13-2015, 01:17 PM   #2

Our P238 does the same thing with extended mags. I don't know why.

It's not that I have something to hide, ... I have nothing I want you to see.

(remember your 4th Amendment right, people)
Insta-Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 01:57 PM   #3

I do not own the P938, but I have the P238 and use all extended magazines. Not one has popped out yet. I do know that if I chamber a round from the magazine, and then drop that magazine to replace the round, it will "click" into place with added difficulty.

There has been discussion here that extended SIG magazines do not fully chamber in a Micro. Is it possible that the extension on your individual pistol is abutting the bottom of the magazine well enough so that the latch isn't engaging fully?

Old 07-13-2015, 02:29 PM   #4

Originally Posted by The Tourist View Post
I do not own the P938, but I have the P238 and use all extended magazines. Not one has popped out yet. I do know that if I chamber a round from the magazine, and then drop that magazine to replace the round, it will "click" into place with added difficulty.

There has been discussion here that extended SIG magazines do not fully chamber in a Micro. Is it possible that the extension on your individual pistol is abutting the bottom of the magazine well enough so that the latch isn't engaging fully?
No, I checked to make sure it was seated, slammed it in, pulled down on it, it was locked in. Same thing has been experienced by others.