• 7 Post By Cucamonga kid
  • 2 Post By Cucamonga kid
  • 2 Post By 2sharp2
  • 2 Post By Chuck43

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2019, 12:25 PM   #1

The mighty 460 Rowland

IMG_2256.JPG
Yep, "Shoots like a dream-Hits like a sledgehammer".
When I first read about it here on the forum I had to have one so I ordered it, installed the kit in my Sig 5 inch Nightmare, fired it about two dozen times and now I don't know what to do with it. 'Cept pull it out of the safe every couple of months and clean and oil it. But I think I'm going to take it out to the indoor range this week, the new one they built here in town, and see how it reverberates in an enclosed room.
2sharp2, RustyIron, Tejun and 4 others like this.

Last edited by Cucamonga kid; 06-18-2019 at 03:46 PM.
Cucamonga kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 06-18-2019, 01:28 PM   #2

I know little about the Rowland. What does it compare to? .40 S&W?, 10mm?, 460 S&W? Bullet weights? Velocity? How hard is it to get ammo?

I've been considering building something different maybe a .357 Sig on a 6" 1911 frame or maybe a 5" Sig P320. I've never fired one but did see another shooter blasting some plates with one. Very impressive. It basically amounts to a .357 magnum automatic.
PaulWVa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 01:51 PM   #3

It is a nice little shooter Big Sky. Any idea what she tips the scales at fully loaded?
cousinmark is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-18-2019, 01:58 PM   #4

Will fire a variety of different bullet weights but the one that I have is the 255 grain hard cast dangerous game loads I believe it goes about 1300 ft./s with close to 1000 foot pounds of energy. It's almost the equivalent of a 44 magnum. And it's about 30% more powerful than a 10 mm.
With the new barrel and spring installed it will fire 45 ACP, 45 ACP +P, 45 super and 460 Roland in all of its configurations.
It's been a while since I have fired 44 magnum out of a revolver so I was a little apprehensive about shooting this but it probably only has half of the recoil and muzzle flip as a revolver. Probably because of the compensator attached to the end of the barrel. It's pretty cool for about 300 bucks.
If you are curious check out their website. 460 Roland.com.
ChattanoogaPhil and PaulWVa like this.
Old 06-18-2019, 02:19 PM   #5

Originally Posted by cousinmark View Post
It is a nice little shooter Big Sky. Any idea what she tips the scales at fully loaded?
41.6 OZ Unloaded without the compensator attached. I don't have a scale to weigh it on.
Probably close to 3 pounds would be my guess.

Last edited by Cucamonga kid; 06-18-2019 at 02:25 PM.
Cucamonga kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 07:15 PM   #6

Originally Posted by PaulWVa View Post
I know little about the Rowland. What does it compare to? .40 S&W?, 10mm?, 460 S&W? Bullet weights? Velocity? How hard is it to get ammo?

I've been considering building something different maybe a .357 Sig on a 6" 1911 frame or maybe a 5" Sig P320. I've never fired one but did see another shooter blasting some plates with one. Very impressive. It basically amounts to a .357 magnum automatic.

I bought the kit, still not fired enough regular 45 thru the Two-Tone Custom I'm going to install the kit on. Plus the fact none of the big box stores that carry ammo stock the 460Rowland, in fact most of the time when you tell a clerk what your looking for you get the deer in the headlights/I'm from Mars gaze. I have not found very many places even online that have it in stock and if they do have it, make no mistake it is not cheap. Trying to get and order together with enough 460Rowland, .44spl, 300blk to get free shipping but can't get all 3 in stock from the same company.
JC45 and PaulWVa like this.

CDP & RCP Ultra's
Classic Carry Pro (Factory Bone Grips)
Custom Two-Tone 45/.460Rowland
Gold Combat Limited Edition
Master Carry Pro
Sapphire Ultra 9mm
SIS Custom, Pro, Ultra
Stainless Ultra Carry 9mm
Stainless Raptor Custom, Pro, Ultra
Super Carry Ultra Plus
TLE Pro (TFS)

84M Longmaster Classic SS .308
SVT 22lr Stainless Fluted Bull Barrel
Kimber Of America 82 Stainless Fluted .22lr
84M Varmint Stainless 204 Ruger
2sharp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 06:18 AM   #7
Super Moderator

I installed my .460 Rowland kit on a Kimber Two Tone Custom and it's a pleasure to shoot. It usually attracts the attention of the other shooters when I shoot it at the range. I get my ammo from UnderwoodAmmo.com.
bigdog10 and Cucamonga kid like this.