Finally - Page 2 - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Other Firearms

Like Tree58Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2019, 05:37 AM   #11

Originally Posted by JC45 View Post
Is it Monday yet ? I want to hear about this Nighthawk. My LGS started selling Nighthawk so I got to handle a few but never shot one. The slide was so smooth, like glass. The trigger felt great too. It was just a well built 1911 and it should be with the price tag that was attached. Good luck John, I hope you it everything your expecting.

Thanks everyone.

JC, I know it will be. This is my 2nd NH. The first one I stumbled on mere weeks after I moved to TN. Its accuracy and craftsmanship blew me away.

My NH Falcon. This is what set me off craving my very own custom model. I have no doubts it will be a fine shooter. I also had a NH holster made for it and the optic is ready as well.

With all the things I’ve went through from touring their facility, the kindness of everyone there, to the extreme effort in making their weapons, I’d have no problem supporting and recommending them to anyone. Truly a great company that makes you family the minute you own one. First thing they say to you on the phone, “Welcome to our family”, and they truly mean it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JC45, Bigdog and motormac like this.

John, aka BHunted
NRA Life Patriot Benefactor Member - Sumner Gun - ANJRPC - GFH - Patriot Guard

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote". -Benjamin Franklin

---------------------------------------
Kimber Warrior SOC
SS Raptor Pro
Ultra Covert II

Last edited by bhunted; 10-13-2019 at 10:14 AM. Reason: spelling
bhunted is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 10-13-2019, 09:57 AM   #12

Very nice. Congrats!!
bhunted and motormac like this.
Bish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 12:52 PM   #13

Amazing looking pistol and a great testimonial from you about the relationship they forge with those who own their pistols!

Old 10-14-2019, 07:39 AM   #14

@bhunted, I'm glad you posted not only the picture but some of the background of the purchase. Here's my position.

Back when men were men and sheep were nervous, and you bought a 1911, it was 99.9% a .45 ACP. In fact, for a fudd who has been around these pistols as long as I have, I was actually surprised when I found Colt also made them in 9x19mm.

My original take was "Why would you buy a 9mm when a .45 ACP left bigger holes in aggressors?" And this was an opinion I couldn't shake despite the fact that everyone else thought it was a superior idea.

My first positive view was that while I carried a few extra magazines, a 9mm 1911 might get more cartridges into your initial load, hence multiple bad guys might all get hit before this first magazine ran dry.

Now, my 1911s are still all .45 ACP, but I'm wondering if I should get a 9mm just to "fill out calibers." It is a slot I have not yet addressed.
Old 10-14-2019, 08:12 AM   #15

Originally Posted by The Tourist View Post
@bhunted, I'm glad you posted not only the picture but some of the background of the purchase. Here's my position.

Back when men were men and sheep were nervous, and you bought a 1911, it was 99.9% a .45 ACP. In fact, for a fudd who has been around these pistols as long as I have, I was actually surprised when I found Colt also made them in 9x19mm.

My original take was "Why would you buy a 9mm when a .45 ACP left bigger holes in aggressors?" And this was an opinion I couldn't shake despite the fact that everyone else thought it was a superior idea.

My first positive view was that while I carried a few extra magazines, a 9mm 1911 might get more cartridges into your initial load, hence multiple bad guys might all get hit before this first magazine ran dry.

Now, my 1911s are still all .45 ACP, but I'm wondering if I should get a 9mm just to "fill out calibers." It is a slot I have not yet addressed.
It took some hem and hawing no doubt. I am a 45acp 1911 guy as well. After lengthy discussion with my rep, various research, reading reviews and opinions, I decided to go for it. So now I have one of each. UPS is delivering it today to my lgs. Not sure what time they get their deliveries so it's another half day of, "Is it here yet? Is it here yet?" Worse than a lil' kid in the back seat right?
motormac likes this.

John, aka BHunted

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote". -Benjamin Franklin

Kimber Warrior SOC
SS Raptor Pro
Ultra Covert II
Old 10-14-2019, 11:12 AM   #16

Originally Posted by bhunted View Post
Not sure what time they get their deliveries so it's another half day of, "Is it here yet? Is it here yet?" Worse than a lil' kid in the back seat right?
Well, we have something in common. In a few months I will turn 70 years of age. My wife says says I still dance around like a kid when I know it's from 2:00PM to 4:00PM when the UPS truck makes the rounds in our subdivision.

My wife will ask me what all the commotion is about, and I tell her, "There's a new knife coming!"

She shakes her head like a former dorm house-mother and says, "Don't you have like three dozen of those?"

And I burst out, "Of course I do, but this model was just invented!"
Old 10-15-2019, 08:53 AM   #17

It's here.... picked her up yesterday, tore it down, cleaned it, mounted the optic and plate, sighted it in and now need to get to the range...
Click to enlarge:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg A2_1024.jpg (130.0 KB, 7 views)
cousinmark, JC45, Bigdog and 1 others like this.

John, aka BHunted

Kimber Warrior SOC
SS Raptor Pro
Ultra Covert II
Old 10-15-2019, 09:03 AM   #18

Family shot... (excuse excess oil and fingerprints)..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NH_sibs_1024.jpg (199.4 KB, 8 views)
Chuck43, JC45, Bigdog and 1 others like this.

John, aka BHunted

Kimber Warrior SOC
SS Raptor Pro
Ultra Covert II
Old 10-15-2019, 03:52 PM   #19

Very nice, good luck at the range.
JC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 02:18 PM   #20

Sweet congrats.
bhunted likes this.