• 1 Post By Veronic23
  • 2 Post By cousinmark
  • 1 Post By KCJeep
  • 2 Post By JC45

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2019, 03:14 PM   #1

10/21 cgw pro pkg :-)

Yah buddy,
A while ago I had gotten on the list to have my hot little CZ 75D compact fine tuned by CGW. This is the most comfortable pistol I own so I figured why not :-) The wait to ship her in was about 6 weeks and another 6 weeks in the shop. I guess patience is a virtue right? I had them install their PRO package (new trigger, hammer and various springs and pins) as well as a set of Dawson Precision night sights. Well, what they lack in speed they make up for in quality down on the bayou!!! I picked up my PCR earlier and headed to the range. To say I was impressed would be an understatement. The trigger feels great, DA is at about 6.5# and SA a hair over 4#. I was told they'd both soften up a touch as well with some range time. I don't think I'll mess with anything but the take up and reset are adjustable with the new parts. I like the sights a bunch too, the new front sight being BIG and it seems like they're dialed in pretty well.
I ran 50 S&B 124gr FMJ and 50 Fiocchi 115gr FMJ today. The head shots were DA and the body SA. The first few rounds of each hit low but once I got the feel of the new "biteless" trigger things tightened right up :-)
...target was at 7 yards.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_7169.jpeg (1.37 MB, 8 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_7171.jpeg (4.77 MB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2242.jpg (1.70 MB, 7 views)
bhunted, RustyIron, JC45 and 3 others like this.
cousinmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 10-21-2019, 03:40 PM   #2

Nice shooting!
cousinmark and motormac like this.

KEEP CALM AND RETURN FIRE

NRA Life Member
Dude22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 04:52 PM   #3

I want to send my 75BD to CGW. How’s the reset on the trigger ?
JC45 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-21-2019, 05:33 PM   #4

Nice
cousinmark likes this.
Veronic23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 07:47 PM   #5

Originally Posted by JC45 View Post
I want to send my 75BD to CGW. How’s the reset on the trigger ?
I'd say it's at 5mm or so with a distinct audible click. It can be shortened to the shooters liking though. The pull also can be set to your liking. I went with a "carryesque" set up, nothing too light. If you're after that type of arrangement though they can make it happen.
Cajun does sell the part kits as well if you're so inclined. A friend who is pretty adept at working on handguns was challenged doing a project on one of his decocker models. There's a few fairly small pieces to that puzzle so I decided to not put myself through that adventure :-) The decocker itself is now smooth as silk and 1/3 of the pull that it was, "fine as frogs hair"...
JC45 and motormac like this.

Last edited by cousinmark; 10-21-2019 at 09:27 PM.
Old 10-21-2019, 08:30 PM   #6

Thumbs up

Sweetness right there...
cousinmark likes this.

"If you want peace, prepare for war."
KCJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 04:46 AM   #7

Originally Posted by cousinmark View Post
I'd say it's at 5mm or so with a distinct audible click. It can be shortened to the shooters liking though. The pull also can be set to your liking. I went with a "carryesque" set up, nothing too light. If you're after that type of arrangement though they can make it happen.
Cajun does sell the part kits as well if you're so inclined. A friend who is pretty adept at working on handguns was challenged doing a project on one of his decocker models. There's a few fairly small pieces to that puzzle so I decided to not put myself through that adventure :-) The decocker itself is now smooth as silk and 1/3 of the pull that it was, "fine as frogs hair"...
Thanks Mark, Iím not sure about the current reset on my 75BD but I like a shorter reset. The factory trigger isnít bad but Iím sure CGW could make it great.
JC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 08:30 PM   #8

...wow, I felt compelled to mess around with my hop shop PCR again today. This is what I'd envision having Bella Hadid hanging around would be like. If you've got a few minutes you gotta do something with that :-)
I ran 100 S&B 124gr FMJ through two 15 round magazines today, DA to the head SA to the body. Slick as owl $hit, no problems.
...target was at 7 yards :-)
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_2244.jpeg (1.21 MB, 1 views)