Kimber Talk Forums banner

Had a lot of fun at the range today...

2K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  glokrok 
#1 ·
...and this is what I brought with me.
240 rounds 5 guns. Only had one failure. Guess which one.

See less See more
#4 ·
The Colt
1st magazine last round, breech slammed into the case before it made the chamber. Dented the case. It was the Colt magazine that came with it. Kimpro Tac Mags were flawless.
[QUOTE=Albert.Cairns;82998]Had to be the Glock, damn new fangled plastic pistols! :)[/QUOTE]
The Colt did win the honor of first cleaned today. Had the best group with the 230grn Sellier&Bellot.
30 rounds at 21ft. 20 rnds at 30ft.
The Sellier&Bellot is considerably dirtier than the FM.
This is the slide after 50 rounds. I'm sure that's some kind of nuclear graphite lubricant on the patch I just removed.

#7 · (Edited)
The little green raptor ran 50 rounds of FM 90grn New XTP's like nobody's business. The P938 had no problem with PMC 124 grn fmj. Shot the second best group with it today. Really love the way it shoots and looks. Has made 9mm fun to me. Definitely a keeper. My Glock 23G4 did what it is suppose to do with 40 rnds of165 grn fmj WWB. I never do shoot great groups with it but had fun shooting one handed both strong and off hand. Need work on my off hand. I totally rendered the right arm on the target helpless with three hits and gave it an appendectomy. I had no problem with 50 rnds of 230 grn WWB with my Ultra Crimson Carry II. I don't know what it is about that gun. I just love to shoot it fast. Used my original Kimber and Kimpro magazines including an 8 rounder with no issues. Decent group even at 15 yrds. Peace

#10 · (Edited)
Oh Hell Yeah!!!!

the little green raptor ran 50 rounds of fm 90grn new xtp's like nobody's business.
It Ain't Easy Bein' Green!!
Smile Toy Cartoon Happy Headgear
<-------CCW Holder, Kermit The Frog!!!

Green Pistols Matter!!

#14 ·
Here I Go Again!!

I guess it's about time to remind everyone, again, that Gaston Glock's inspiration, when he designed the pistols that bear his name, was the BRICK!! He did everything he could to make the pistol resemble the world famous unit of construction!!! ;););)

Cartoon Organism Art Gesture Happy

I CRACK ME UP!!!

#18 ·
A friend, who knows I'm over the top Kimber fan, asked if I wanted to sell my G23 or G27. After thinking about it for a couple if minutes, I said no. They are not pretty, but the go *BANG* every single time, and all you have to remember is point it toward the target and pull the trigger. No other catches, knobs, buttons, or levers to fool with. A Glock with a grip safety would be fabulous. I think someone, maybe S&W, makes a poly frame gun with a grip safety.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.