• 4 Post By nikonnut
  • 1 Post By cousinmark
  • 1 Post By nikonnut
  • 1 Post By Mike240
  • 1 Post By If1Hitu

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2020, 09:50 PM   #1

Busy buying offbrand handguns...

Hey all! It's been a while... After fighting the Savage MSR-10 long range I decided to venture back to handguns and have been dabbling in off brands. I've been intrigued by the idea of the 9mm in the 1911 platform so I jumped in with both feet and grabbed a STI Stacatto-P 2011...

Figured I would try and use it as a CCW so a Tier 1 Axlis Slim was accquired. It totes quite well and hides better than one might think!

This got me to thinking "OK, loving the STI but something slimmer would be nice." so an STI Stacatto-C was also acquired... This a great little gun for the minimalist carry days and with 124gr. HST +P it still has the punch I want should I need it!

Of course, in the interest of losing my ever gun loving mind I though "You should bite the bullet and get a full on custom". Nighthawk Customs was contacted and after a good wait there was a Nighthawk Custom Bob Marvel (Commander sized) with the double stack option and coated in tactical grey sitting in my hands! I appreciated the craftsmanship but when I shot it it clicked that this was a different beast! No Kydex for this one. It will be nestled in a soon to arrive Southern Trapper black shark skin Professional with matching mag holder. A BBQ gun for sure but it will be a constant companion and my go to for "dress-up"!

I think I'm done for a bit or at least until Nighthawk offers their Agent model in a double stack! IOS with an RMR will be mandatory!

Last edited by nikonnut; 02-07-2020 at 10:44 PM.
nikonnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 02-08-2020, 01:35 AM   #2

Those are all very nice, but everyone is done until they see the next one they can’t refuse.
JC45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 06:11 AM   #3

Man that nighhawk is sure purty. Congrats. Update us after you shoot it. I'm sure it will be an orgasmic experience.
nikonnut likes this.

Old 02-08-2020, 06:22 AM   #4

Some nice ones right there!!! Out of curiosity how have the STIs done at the range? They don't get much press.
nikonnut likes this.
cousinmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 09:17 AM   #5

Originally Posted by JC45 View Post
Those are all very nice, but everyone is done until they see the next one they can’t refuse.
Ain't that the truth!

Originally Posted by medezyner View Post
Man that nighhawk is sure purty. Congrats. Update us after you shoot it. I'm sure it will be an orgasmic experience.
It was! I'm not sure what voodoo Bob worked with his recoil system (Everlast system. 5000 rounds between changes of the flat wire spring) but it shoot so flat and soft! I'm smitten!
This was 100 rounds messing around at 3 to 20 yards...

Originally Posted by cousinmark View Post
Some nice ones right there!!! Out of curiosity how have the STIs done at the range? They don't get much press.
They shoot great! I actually used the Stacatto-P to qualify for my Arkansas Enhanced CHCL. Enhanced requires 20 rounds at 3 yards, 20 yards at 7 yards and 10 rounds at 15 yards all timed. Shot a 50/50 easy breezy!

Here's what the "P" did at 10 yards while I was testing defensive ammo...

And the "C" with Federal HST 147gr at 7 yards. As you can see my trigger control and grip position is coming together!
Jflytle, cousinmark, JC45 and 1 others like this.

Last edited by nikonnut; 03-09-2020 at 03:43 PM.
Old 02-08-2020, 12:40 PM   #6

Looking good :-) That Stacatto-c is finer than frog's hair!!!

..."the Natural State" huh, you'll have to say hey for me at The White Water Tavern in Little Rock or tell um I asked about their Mamma and them at Chelsea's up in Eureka :-)
nikonnut likes this.

Last edited by cousinmark; 02-08-2020 at 12:43 PM.
cousinmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 02:45 PM   #7

Originally Posted by cousinmark View Post
Looking good :-) That Stacatto-c is finer than frog's hair!!!

..."the Natural State" huh, you'll have to say hey for me at The White Water Tavern in Little Rock or tell um I asked about their Mamma and them at Chelsea's up in Eureka :-)
Thank you, sir! Yep, I've been an Arkansawyer for near on 30 years now! I'll tell em' you said hey!
cousinmark likes this.
Old 02-10-2020, 08:20 PM   #8

Not to highjack but I would like to about this Savage MSR. I have been wanting the MSR 10 Hunter for some odd reason....what do you mean “fighting”?
nikonnut likes this.
Old 02-11-2020, 09:22 AM   #9

Originally Posted by Mike240 View Post
Not to highjack but I would like to about this Savage MSR. I have been wanting the MSR 10 Hunter for some odd reason....what do you mean “fighting”?
Here you go my friend! Issues and their resolutions start halfway down on page 2!

https://www.kimbertalk.com/forums/ot...ils-today.html

Last edited by nikonnut; 02-11-2020 at 02:26 PM.
Old 02-17-2020, 01:41 PM   #10

Very nice collection.
nikonnut likes this.

Yes I am a Democrat,that love his guns!
If1Hitu is offline   Reply With Quote