9mm Colt Range Session - Kimber Forum

Kimber


Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Other Firearms

Like Tree23Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2015, 03:45 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
2sharp2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Chattanooga
Posts: 12,294
9mm Colt Range Session

I used the two factory magazines for the first 50 rounds and five full size joes1911 magazines. All ammo was FM New 9mm 124gr RN, I believe the total round count was about 100.
No malfunctions or problems of any kind. The best I can tell the Colt's POI is a little low and left, could be me could be the ammo?
I circled the first sixteen rounds but added a bunch to it without taking a pic cause the range was more crowded than I have seen it in a long time which equal no counter space.
It shot the way I expected and had mild recoil. The first 25 rounds or so were pretty spread out, it seemed to be getting a little tighter groups as time went on. I would say it is just as accurate as my other stock factory Colts. My first Commander and I love it. It is exactly as I expected and the price was icing on the cake. I bought it mostly for fun and cheaper range time not to go bullseye shooting.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20151124_145358194.jpg (3.20 MB, 8 views)
__________________
The Kimber Family

CDP & RCP Ultra's
Classic Carry Pro (Factory Bone Grips)
Custom Two-Tone 45/.460Rowland
Gold Combat Limited Edition
Master Carry Pro
Sapphire Ultra 9mm
SIS Custom, Pro, Ultra
Stainless Ultra Carry 9mm
Stainless Raptor Custom, Pro, Ultra
Super Carry Ultra Plus
TLE Pro (TFS)

84M Longmaster Classic SS .308
SVT 22lr Stainless Fluted Bull Barrel
Kimber Of America 82 Stainless Fluted .22lr
84M Varmint Stainless 204 Ruger
2sharp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 11-24-2015, 03:48 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Dude22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: South West Florida
Posts: 5,918
Thanks for the range report. Sure looks like a keeper to me. Enjoy and be safe.
Chuck43 and 2sharp2 like this.
__________________
Denny

KEEP CALM AND RETURN FIRE

NRA Life Member
Dude22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 04:41 PM   #3
Super Moderator
 
Chuck43's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 34,847
Looking good, looks like you had a great day Arland.
2sharp2 likes this.
__________________
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson
Chuck43 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 11-24-2015, 04:51 PM   #4
Super Moderator
 
Islander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: NW Ohio
Posts: 5,146
Awesome!!!
2sharp2 likes this.
__________________
Steve

Ohio Chl holder
NRA member
Old age isn't for sissy's
Islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 05:54 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
swca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Spring Valley,Ca.
Posts: 4,175
Originally Posted by 2sharp2 View Post
I used the two factory magazines for the first 50 rounds and five full size joes1911 magazines. All ammo was FM New 9mm 124gr RN, I believe the total round count was about 100.
No malfunctions or problems of any kind. The best I can tell the Colt's POI is a little low and left, could be me could be the ammo?
I circled the first sixteen rounds but added a bunch to it without taking a pic cause the range was more crowded than I have seen it in a long time which equal no counter space.
It shot the way I expected and had mild recoil. The first 25 rounds or so were pretty spread out, it seemed to be getting a little tighter groups as time went on. I would say it is just as accurate as my other stock factory Colts. My first Commander and I love it. It is exactly as I expected and the price was icing on the cake. I bought it mostly for fun and cheaper range time not to go bullseye shooting.
My bad just realized you did a separate post for the Colt! Sorry I get confused easier than I used to.
__________________
Tom

Where freedom dwells is my country!

CDP Pro II .45 acp
Raptor II (blue) .45 acp
Eclipse II 10 mm
Ultra Carry II .45 acp
Stainless Pro Carry II
Solo STS 9 mm
swca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 06:06 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Dude22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: South West Florida
Posts: 5,918
Originally Posted by swca View Post
My bad just realized you did a separate post for the Colt! Sorry I get confused easier than I used to.
I feel your pain, Tom.
__________________
Denny

KEEP CALM AND RETURN FIRE

NRA Life Member
Dude22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 06:09 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Marshall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Cardinal Nation
Posts: 19,308
Glad to see that the Colt functioned as it should....

The Skyy Captain has been looking at a Colt Mustang for awhile and may buy one some day....
Chuck43 likes this.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 06:26 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
2sharp2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Chattanooga
Posts: 12,294
Originally Posted by swca View Post
My bad just realized you did a separate post for the Colt! Sorry I get confused easier than I used to.
Yeah, since it was a Colt 9mm and a Kimber .45acp I made them separate posts in different topics.
Chuck43 likes this.
__________________
The Kimber Family

CDP & RCP Ultra's
Classic Carry Pro (Factory Bone Grips)
Custom Two-Tone 45/.460Rowland
Gold Combat Limited Edition
Master Carry Pro
Sapphire Ultra 9mm
SIS Custom, Pro, Ultra
Stainless Ultra Carry 9mm
Stainless Raptor Custom, Pro, Ultra
Super Carry Ultra Plus
TLE Pro (TFS)

84M Longmaster Classic SS .308
SVT 22lr Stainless Fluted Bull Barrel
Kimber Of America 82 Stainless Fluted .22lr
84M Varmint Stainless 204 Ruger
2sharp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 06:30 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
2sharp2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Chattanooga
Posts: 12,294
Originally Posted by jms-stlou View Post
Glad to see that the Colt functioned as it should....

The Skyy Captain has been looking at a Colt Mustang for awhile and may buy one some day....
I've priced the Mustang's, looked at them, even almost bought a used Mustang at a gun show back in the summer. Just couldn't pull the trigger and buy one, just kept thinking how much better and nicer the Kimber Micro looked and for not much more money.
Chuck43 likes this.
__________________
The Kimber Family

CDP & RCP Ultra's
Classic Carry Pro (Factory Bone Grips)
Custom Two-Tone 45/.460Rowland
Gold Combat Limited Edition
Master Carry Pro
Sapphire Ultra 9mm
SIS Custom, Pro, Ultra
Stainless Ultra Carry 9mm
Stainless Raptor Custom, Pro, Ultra
Super Carry Ultra Plus
TLE Pro (TFS)

84M Longmaster Classic SS .308
SVT 22lr Stainless Fluted Bull Barrel
Kimber Of America 82 Stainless Fluted .22lr
84M Varmint Stainless 204 Ruger
2sharp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 07:45 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Marshall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Cardinal Nation
Posts: 19,308
Originally Posted by 2sharp2 View Post
I've priced the Mustang's, looked at them, even almost bought a used Mustang at a gun show back in the summer. Just couldn't pull the trigger and buy one, just kept thinking how much better and nicer the Kimber Micro looked and for not much more money.
I hear ya, but they are pretty.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Colt-Mustang-Pocketlite_001.jpg (83.7 KB, 4 views)
Chuck43, 2sharp2, Jflytle and 1 others like this.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Colt Range Report 2sharp2 Other Firearms 7 10-19-2015 07:11 PM
Just got my Colt then got the Pox!! Oldsoul Off-Topic Discussion Forum 12 08-18-2015 11:25 PM
Colt XSE Lightweight Range Report glokrok Other Firearms 18 04-23-2015 10:44 PM
Tactical Tips Part-9: The Practice Session Chuck43 Training Videos 0 11-13-2014 02:27 PM
Flawless first solo range session Propsail Kimber Solo Forum 8 08-30-2014 01:40 PM