LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2016, 09:40 PM   #1

I can take this one off the list.

I think Harry Callahan would like it.
S&W Smith And Wesson Model 629 Deluxe 3" 150715 : Revolvers at GunBroker.com
2sharp2 and Hoffbrew like this.
Old 01-23-2016, 10:38 PM   #2

S&w 629

Did you just buy that ? Just curious as the 29 and 629 are all time favorites of mine. I still have my 6 and a half from 1971 and I foolishly sold my four inch years ago. Very sweet shooting revolvers.
glokrok likes this.
Snake15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 05:37 AM   #3

LOL, we may have to start a 629 fan club.
glokrok likes this.

It's not that I have something to hide, ... I have nothing I want you to see.

(remember your 4th Amendment right, people)
Insta-Gator is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-24-2016, 06:03 AM   #4

Originally Posted by Snake15 View Post
Did you just buy that ? Just curious as the 29 and 629 are all time favorites of mine. I still have my 6 and a half from 1971 and I foolishly sold my four inch years ago. Very sweet shooting revolvers.
Yes sir! glokrok is high bidder!
Insta-Gator and 2sharp2 like this.
Old 01-24-2016, 06:11 AM   #5

I had a similar one in the late 1980s and early 90s. I found the most accurate loads entailed longer, heavier cast bullets (I used a plain base 429421) with a 3/4 load of Alcan AL-8, a powder similar to Hercules/Alliant Blue Dot.

I surmise the uptick in accuracy stemmed from a combination of the bullet's longer bearing surface on the limited rifling and the realization that a .44 SPL got its reputation for a very good reason.

My revolver had the rounder profile grips with the thicker backstrap. Never painful to shoot, but it bucked wildly. A very good "mountain gun" and a great firearm to roll beer cans.

I did find a Bianchi thumb-break holster for it, and it went with the revolver upon the sale. There are probably more options now, but the high, right kidney version was about all that existed then.
glokrok likes this.
Old 01-24-2016, 06:17 AM   #6

Originally Posted by glokrok View Post
Yes sir! glokrok is high bidder!
Congrats Rok.....Gorgeous revolver...

I love auctions when I'm the only bidder also...Makes it easy on the nerves...
glokrok likes this.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 06:20 AM   #7

Very Nice! One day I will buy a SW model 25 ACP.
I love SW revolvers.
glokrok likes this.
Nellybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 06:31 AM   #8
Super Moderator

Nice score Glokrok, looking forward to the range report.
glokrok likes this.
Old 01-24-2016, 06:34 AM   #9

I would like to get a 29 this year.

I picked this up last weekend. It's a bullet and brass from the gun used in the movie. Kind of goofy, I know, but a neat thing to hang on the wall.

Dirty Harry Model 29 Framed Casing Set
Framed Decor

This is what the text is:

While the movie Dirty Harry featured many famous actors, the true star of the film was the Smith & Wesson Model 29 that served as Harry Callahan's justice-wielding machine. Featured in Dirty Harry in 1971 and Magnum Force in 1973, Callahan's Model 29 was there at his side as he protected victims of violent crime and fought fugitives with deadly force. As Callahan challenged, "Go ahead, make my day" and "You've got to ask yourself one question: "'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do you, punk?", the Model 29 answered. No criminal in the movies could escape the ultimate doom of the Model 29 thanks to its consistent performance and pure firing power.

Smith & Wesson began producing the N-frame revolver in .44 Magnum in 1955, and in 1957 it was given the Model 29 designation when the factory imposed a new rule requiring all revolvers to display their model numbers on the yoke. The firearm became known as the most powerful handgun in the world, and, since that moment in history, public authority figures and citizens alike have chosen the Model 29 as their sidearm. However, it wasn't until the Dirty Harry movies that the firearm gained legendary popularity and sales soared.

The Dirty Harry (1971) Smith & Wesson Model 29 has a 6.5 inch barrel length with a six round capacity, features a red ramp front sight, adjustable rear sight and blue finish with customized Smith & Wesson Golcona Aves grip panels. The barrel is screwed in and secured by a pin driven through the frame and a notch in the barrel, also known as "pinned," and the rear of the bored cylinder holes are countersunk so when loaded the cartridge rims are fully enclosed by the cylinder, known as "recessed." Crush-fit barrels replaced the pinned barrels and recessed cylinders in 1982, and other changes have been made to the Model 29 throughout the years, but this particular model is the most iconic and recognizable today.

Now the firearm is on loan to the National Firearms Museum in Fairfax, Va., from John Milius, the writer of Dirty Harry and Magnum Force. Warner Brothers presented the firearm to Milius for his essential role and influence in the two films, which is cited on the inlet silver plate of the revolver's left grip. On February 18 and 19, 2014, the Model 29 was fired by NRA Headquarters Staff, including General Operations Executive Director Kyle Weaver, to create this custom collector's set. The set contains a .44 MAG bullet and casing accompanied by a classic image portrayal of Harry Callahan holding the Model 29 along with a historical note. Printed and framed by Made in USA Framing, LLC, the display features a 20"H x 13"W distressed gray-brown frame with triple matting in white with cinder gray accents. Only 1,130 pieces were produced exclusively for Friends of NRA to recognize the impact of the Model 29 on firearms history.
glokrok likes this.

Last edited by Gmountain; 01-24-2016 at 06:48 AM.
Gmountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 06:39 AM   #10

Since Texas has open carry now you can get yourself a nice owb rig and walk around town Rok.....

Then again it may be a little heavy at 39 ounces to do that...

I would love to shoot a 3" 44 mag just once to feel the kick that it has..
glokrok likes this.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote

Search tags for this page

dirty harry model 29 framed casing set

Click on a term to search for related topics.