Wife Prefers Her G42 - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Other Firearms

Like Tree34Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2016, 04:29 PM   #1

Wife Prefers Her G42

While taking my new Micro Carry 380 Raptor to range today (see the report on the forum), I asked my wife to try the Raptor. She ran 2 clips of ammo, but just couldn't get "comfortable" with Kimber. Even though she shot well (all rounds in the scoring area), the groups just weren't what she is used to with her Glock G42.

So, she unholstered her G42 and I reset a new target, and she shot small groups into the 9 and 10 rings at 20'. (sorry...no pic's) She has tried other 1911 style pistols (namely Sig's) and just doesn't seem to shoot them well. Full disclosure...she has been shooting for over 50 years and was even on her University's rifle team. She's not a newbie and she is free to buy what ever she likes to shoot. I know it won't be a 1911 pistol. Now, I have to ask if others here have seen the same thing with their significant others?
OGCA - Life Member
Cybercycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 02-27-2016, 04:56 PM   #2

Currently, my Sweetie prefers her Sig P238. She has shot my Glocks and Kimbers, but prefers the P238.

When it comes to handguns, it is NOT one size fits all.
Chuck43 and Cybercycle like this.

It's not that I have something to hide, ... I have nothing I want you to see.

(remember your 4th Amendment right, people)
Insta-Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 06:28 PM   #3

No matter what gun I give my wife to shoot she always says, I like my M&P. She shot my Raptor and did real good but after trying it out she goes back to her M&P 9. I will say that the trigger on her gun is real nice because it's well broken in. If you shoot it enough that gritty trigger smooths out.
Chuck43 and Cybercycle like this.
JC45 is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 02-27-2016, 07:03 PM   #4
Super Moderator

I think you guys are missing the important part, your wives are shooting guns and enjoying it.
Jflytle, JC45, TOOLMAKER and 1 others like this.

Last edited by Chuck43; 02-29-2016 at 06:30 AM.
Chuck43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 07:15 PM   #5

Originally Posted by Chuck43 View Post
I think you guys are missing the important part your wives are shoot guns and enjoying it.
You are so right...I've been shooting with my wife for decades and I think I've improved as a marksman as a result. This is especially true when shooting trap...the clays are smoked! She also shoots a J-frame well and qualified with it for her carry permit.

Of course, it is easier convincing her its time to go gun shopping than some of my friends experience who have wives who do not shoot.
Chuck43, JC45 and Greyash like this.
OGCA - Life Member
Cybercycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 07:57 PM   #6

I think my Ultras fit my wife's hands better with the slimmer grip than her berretta . She's not real big into the gun thing anyway so in a way that's kind of good that we only have one in the family who likes to buy more guns than any reasonable man can justify without studdering. She's probably more the type that would treat gun issues like shoes...if she likes a pair enough by-george she'll makem fit.

Last edited by fifthgear; 02-27-2016 at 08:02 PM. Reason: spelling..in1963 I mis-spelled bee three times in a row
fifthgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 08:05 PM   #7

What difference does it make what pistol she likes? Happy wife, happy life. I learned years ago to let my wife shoot what ever she likes. Currently it's my P938. Before that it was my P238.
Chuck43, cousinmark, JC45 and 1 others like this.

KEEP CALM AND RETURN FIRE

NRA Life Member
Dude22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 03:00 AM   #8

Originally Posted by Dude22 View Post
What difference does it make what pistol she likes? Happy wife, happy life. I learned years ago to let my wife shoot what ever she likes. Currently it's my P938. Before that it was my P238.
The only problem with the wife who likes to shoot is that when she shoots your gun she wants to keep it and then you got to go out and buy another one and so on and so on......Oh....wait, never mind, Carry-On 🤔
Chuck43, Dude22 and Cybercycle like this.
Old 02-28-2016, 03:50 AM   #9

Originally Posted by Chuck43 View Post
I think you guys are missing the important part your wives are shoot guns and enjoying it.
I think it's great she likes shooting. I like shooting with her. We are going to the range today together.
Chuck43, Dude22 and Cybercycle like this.
JC45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 06:55 AM   #10

Yep,

My wife loves to go shooting, has her own range bag, cleans her own guns, has her CC permit, and LOVES her Kimbers. She also has no problem stopping by the LGS to restock low ammo supplies, cleaning supplies, etc and then comes home to tell me what cool new guns they have.
Chuck43, Markie, JC45 and 2 others like this.
Jflytle is offline   Reply With Quote