04-08-2016, 05:34 AM
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Northern Illinois
DO NOT SEND YOUR FIREARM TO THE HEFFLER CLAIMS ADDRESS
Carter v. Forjas Taurus, S.A., et al.
The Court has continued the hearing on final approval of the settlement until July 18, 2016. The claims period will not begin until after that time has passed. Additional details will be posted to this website.
If you own one or more of the following “Class Pistols” : PT-111 Millennium; PT-132 Millennium; PT-138 Millennium; PT-140 Millennium; PT-145 Millennium; PT-745 Millennium; PT- 609; PT-640; and PT-24/7 pistols (including the “PRO” series of each of these models), you may be entitled to the settlement benefits below. The settlement does not include Taurus G2 model pistols.
- Settlement Payment Option – Settlement Class Members may elect to return their Class Pistol to the Taurus Companies and receive a payment of up to $200 per Class Pistol.
- Enhanced Warranty – The Taurus Companies agree to modify their existing warranty for all Class Pistols to allow any owner to submit a warranty claim at any time.
- The Class Pistol will be inspected by the Taurus Companies at no cost and repaired or replaced with no requirement that you prove the pistol is defective.
- The Taurus Companies will pay all costs associated with this enhanced warranty, including but not limited to the cost of shipping to and from the Taurus Companies and the cost to inspect the Class Pistol.
- You should anticipate a minimum three week turn-around if returning a Class Pistol for it to be repaired or replaced.
- No repair for the alleged safety defects is currently available, so pistols returned under this option will be replaced with a comparable Taurus G2 (or similar) model pistol at this time. You can receive a replacement pistol only if applicable law permits the shipping of a replacement pistol to your state and municipality.
- If Taurus develops a repair, it can repair rather than replace Class Pistols.
- Safety Training – The Taurus Companies have produced special and particularized safety training addressing the operation and handling of class pistols.United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida Case No. 1:13-cv-24583-PAS
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson