Well I went and did it. - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Other Firearms

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2016, 01:49 PM   #1

Well I went and did it.

Several times I posted that I wanted a .22 revolver and a .22 lever gun. I knew the lever gun would be a Henry and the revolver a S&W, looked closely at a 63, but really wanted a larger frame then the J. Stopped by one of my local shops and he pulls out a 617 they just got in. That did it, ring it and a Henry up.
Shot both this morning, very nice the Henry's action is buttery smooth for a $300 gun and the Smith was also smooth and accurate. The trigger is not as nice as my pre-lock 586 and 686, but they've been fired a lot. I'm sure it will get smoother the more rounds it fires.
After 120 rounds through both, I'm giving them both a big thumbs up and 15 rounds for the Henry and 10 for the Smith cuts down on the time spent loading them.
The Henry is actually a gift for my son, tomorrow he tests for his 3rd degree brown belt. I will present it to him after, a gift for the years of sweat and blood he's put into his training.
Sorry only decent pic I got, I'll take more later. Double action at 7yards (square) and 15 yards (circle).
[IMG][/IMG]
Tankgunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 04-14-2016, 02:03 PM   #2

Awesome, It's great when your able to buy what you wanted and enjoy it! Nice shooting by the way, Congratulations to your son on his brown belt and the new Henry. I'm sure he will cherish the henry for a life time!
Chuck43 likes this.
MrWicked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 02:04 PM   #3

Looking GOOD!
OGCA - Life Member
Cybercycle is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-14-2016, 02:10 PM   #4

Nice purchase! About time you pulled the trigger on those! I got a couple K-22 Smith's and a kind of old Marlin .22 lever action.

Have you seen the collector series .22lr Henry rifles they have made a bunch off the top of my head they include: Policeman, Fireman, EMT, Farmer, Trucker, Railroad and a few others I can't remember. I would love to have the Railroad edition. They all have a MSRP $1,020 but I saw a Fireman model on GunBroker for $580.00.
Chuck43 likes this.

CDP & RCP Ultra's
Classic Carry Pro (Factory Bone Grips)
Custom Two-Tone 45/.460Rowland
Gold Combat Limited Edition
Master Carry Pro
Sapphire Ultra 9mm
SIS Custom, Pro, Ultra
Stainless Ultra Carry 9mm
Stainless Raptor Custom, Pro, Ultra
Super Carry Ultra Plus
TLE Pro (TFS)

84M Longmaster Classic SS .308
SVT 22lr Stainless Fluted Bull Barrel
Kimber Of America 82 Stainless Fluted .22lr
84M Varmint Stainless 204 Ruger
2sharp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 02:34 PM   #5

Yeah sharp Henry makes some really beautiful rifles and really does a neat job with their special additions. They are a good old fashioned American company that knows what its customers want and does a heck of a job marketing and manufacturing their firearms. But the special guns can get pricey, like you said.
2sharp2 likes this.
Old 04-14-2016, 02:38 PM   #6

I've got a Henry .22 rifle also.I hope your son enjoys his just as much as I do mine.It's a great rifle which I will proudly pass on to my son when I pass on!
MPO Southy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 02:40 PM   #7
Super Moderator

Awesome. I love .22's and you got two of the best.

Ohio Chl holder
NRA member
Old age isn't for sissy's
Islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 03:16 PM   #8

Those revs are fun I have one with a 8" barrel. You also reminded me I have a new Henry that has not been shot....
Old 04-14-2016, 03:47 PM   #9

Very nice tankgunner, I've been looking at the Henry Golden Boy 22 for a while and I may get one the next trip to Cabelas. I have $250 in Cabelas gift cards to put toward the purchase.
JC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 03:48 PM   #10

Not real crazy about the grips on the 617, not terrible just meh feeling and looking for that matter. So of course the hunt is on, think I want smooth with finger grooves, either wood or G-10.
Oh already ordered the fiber optic front site for the Henry, may do the same for the Smith. Also looked into speed loaders for it, man they are pricey but pretty cool set ups with loading boxes.