The devil made me do it - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Other Firearms

Like Tree52Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2016, 12:04 PM   #1

The devil made me do it

image.jpeg
Went into Sportsmens warehouse last week with a pocket full of cash, and asked the guy at the counter if he had any Micro 9s in, the answer was no, not yet. Well the devil lit my pocket on fire and I had to pull that cash out so I asked to see the M&P Shield 9 and really liked the feel of it. Well, what can I say?
Put 150 WWB Target rounds through it uneventfully; then 20 Sig 147 grain carry rounds and was pleased with the accuracy and soft recoil. It's only 1/4" slimmer than my 9c but feels a lot more than that. Fits well in pocket and Talon 9c IWB holster. It's a keeper. It's no BBQ gun for sure but confidence in it is high due to its out of the box performance. It will fill a CC roll in less sterile environments like Walmart, camping or yard work were dust and or moisture likely would be present.
Marshall, Dude22, 2sharp2 and 5 others like this.

Last edited by Cucamonga kid; 05-09-2016 at 04:25 PM.
Cucamonga kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 05-09-2016, 12:08 PM   #2

Exactly why I bought that same gun. You WILL like it.
Dude22, Markie and Cucamonga kid like this.
KC4YIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 12:16 PM   #3

It's funny how as you get older sometimes you get a little more tolerant and open minded. A year ago you couldn't give me a Tupperware striker fired pistol. Now I own 3 M&Ps; go figure.

image.jpeg
Chuck43, Dude22, JC45 and 1 others like this.

Old 05-09-2016, 12:23 PM   #4
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Cucamonga kid View Post
It's funny how as you get older sometimes you get a little more tolerant and open minded. A year ago you couldn't give me a Tupperware striker fired pistol. Now I own 3 M&Ps; go figure.

Attachment 12917
I'm 72 and enjoying life but I hope I never live to be that old.
Old 05-09-2016, 12:53 PM   #5

Ooooooouch.
I grew up in Springfield, MA and lived there for 25 years and went to HS right next door to the original Springfield Armory. Mabey I'm trying to recapture my youth by owning a (or 3) souvenirs from my old stomping grounds. Anyway they're shooters I'm 110% confident in. BTW I'm 66 years young.
Markie likes this.
Old 05-09-2016, 01:29 PM   #6

I got the snappy Shield 40. I like it but don't shoot it often and never carry it. It is a reliable good shooter, I just don't get excited about polys anymore. 1911's just flat out spoil me. Maybe I will change but poly not.
Cucamonga kid likes this.
Old 05-09-2016, 01:57 PM   #7

I have an M&P Shield in 9mm. It's been 100% reliable and shoots great. Good luck with yours Cuca.
Markie and Cucamonga kid like this.

Last edited by JC45; 05-09-2016 at 03:29 PM.
JC45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 03:26 PM   #8

Now Cucuamonga, run to Walmart and get a bottle of this paint and the corresponding bright red, then get you a tooth pick and paint those sights.
They look a whole lot better than this picture. The paint was $1.79 a bottle.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF0024.JPG (718.9 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0034.JPG (721.2 KB, 11 views)
glokrok and Cucamonga kid like this.
KC4YIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 08:34 PM   #9

Congrats CuCa on your new Shield...That was one of my favorite guns to own and had the 9mm & 40 cal...Easiest gun that I ever had to take apart and my first edc gun..

I had around 3K flawless rounds in it when I sold it...May have to get another now since you gave me the itch..
Cucamonga kid likes this.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 10:38 PM   #10

Although I don't have one, I think the Shield is one of the best 9's in a mousegun chassis.

As you know, I ride bikes. Back in the before-times, everything was made of steel. Hard men rode steel frames. Then some pansy came up with aluminum frames, and the manly men would have no part of it. After all, aluminum was for beer cans and Jap cars. Steel was the only material that could withstand the power of a REAL man. But eventually they figured out that aluminum was not only lighter, but it was stronger, and everyone started riding it.

Then some young punk invented carbon fiber and started making components. None of the old guys would part with their beloved aluminum, because only sissies would ride a plastic bike. But then the Air Force started blowing up Iraqis with carbon planes that were stuck together with glue. The dinosaurs reconsidered, and now everyone rides carbon fiber.

Today, there's no reason to NOT ride carbon fiber. It's the same with pistols. There is no tactical reason to shoot anything other than tupperware.
KC4YIN, swca and Cucamonga kid like this.
RustyIron is offline   Reply With Quote