Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Forum Classifieds > Parts & Accessories

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Chuck43
  • 3 Post By 2sharp2

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2016, 04:58 PM   #1

best aftermarket sights for super carry custom

Hello to all,

I've recently been in contact with Kimber in search of new sights for my super carry custom....Only to find out that black is the only color option. I stripped the two tone and had them refinish the slide in matching silver Kimber patented coating. So the gun is no longer two tone. Could anyone suggest where I would pick up good aftermarket sights in brushed silver as to match my slide? Thanks for everyone's time
Supercarrycustom83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 11-17-2016, 05:06 PM   #2

Welcome to the site from Tennessee!

Cerakote the original sights???

Gold Combat LE
Classic Carry Pro (Factory Bone Grips)
Master Carry Pro
Sapphire Ultra 9mm
Stainless Ultra Carry 9mm
CDP Ultra
Raptor Ultra Stainless
RCP Ultra
SIS Custom
SIS Pro
SIS Ultra
TLE Pro (TFS)
Stainless Raptor
Custom Two Tone .45/460 Rowland
Super Carry Ultra Plus
84M Longmaster Classic SS .308
SVT 22lr Stainless Fluted Bull Barrel
2sharp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 05:06 PM   #3

Originally Posted by Supercarrycustom83 View Post
Hello to all,

I've recently been in contact with Kimber in search of new sights for my super carry custom....Only to find out that black is the only color option. I stripped the two tone and had them refinish the slide in matching silver Kimber patented coating. So the gun is no longer two tone. Could anyone suggest where I would pick up good aftermarket sights in brushed silver as to match my slide? Thanks for everyone's time
Who is 'them'?

If you have a problem with that, choose a orifice.
End of subject.
Tinman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-17-2016, 05:11 PM   #4

thanks 2sharp2 and tinman for the quick response....I'm writing from Louisiana. I sent the gun into Kimber to have it stripped and re-coated. I've considered cerakote but don't want to depreciate the firearm by any means. My brother just recently found a local, very reputable, gunsmith. Again, I'm open to anything as long as it doesn't depreciate.
Supercarrycustom83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 05:33 PM   #5

thanks 2sharp2 and tinman for the quick response....I'm writing from Louisiana. I sent the gun into Kimber to have it stripped and re-coated. I've considered cerakote but don't want to depreciate the firearm by any means. My brother just recently found a local, very reputable, gunsmith. Again, I'm open to anything as long as it doesn't depreciate.
Your SSC was only original 'once', so you can now do whatever trips your trigger. I doubt painted iron sights will match your factory Kimber finish, but should look ok if reinstalled....gently.

If you have a problem with that, choose a orifice.
End of subject.
Tinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 07:14 PM   #6
Super Moderator

You may not like the sights on your Super Carry Custom because of the color but they are the hardest sights to get from Kimber. You have to buy a Super Carry Series gun to get them, they offer tritium sights for sale in their shop but not the ones that come on the Super Carry Guns. The tritium set you have on your Super Carry Custom have a cocking shoulder cut into them and as rare as the need for it is I've been there and appreciated having it. If you find new sights for your gun shoot me a PM and I'll buy your original sights from you.
2sharp2 likes this.

Chuck43 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 07:44 PM   #7

Imo that ship has sailed as far as to depreciate the value of your Super Carry Custom when you changed it from being two-tone, ie: from original. But it still has value to you and maybe someone else if you ever wanted to sell it. Personally I don't see the issue with yours having black sights. Mine was Cerakoted I like them.

Short story: I have a old Detonics Combat Master .45, I was tired of looking at it's old coating my cousin had put on it a long time ago (bought it from him years ago). Some purists on the Detonics forum openly stated I f'up and killed it's value, I didn't care, it was beat up and scratched and I was tired of looking at it. Members here said the new Cerakote looked great and I like it a lot. I wanted it a little darker silver but it looks great and I'm cool with it. I will post a before and after pic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Detonics .45acp.jpg (3.06 MB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg New Cerakote Detonics.jpg (3.92 MB, 8 views)
Chuck43, Marshall and Pops6116 like this.

Gold Combat LE
Classic Carry Pro (Factory Bone Grips)
Master Carry Pro
Sapphire Ultra 9mm
Stainless Ultra Carry 9mm
CDP Ultra
Raptor Ultra Stainless
RCP Ultra
SIS Custom
SIS Pro
SIS Ultra
TLE Pro (TFS)