Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Forum Classifieds > Parts & Accessories

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By JC45
  • 1 Post By Chuck43

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2017, 11:33 PM   #1
JPB

Talking Crimson Ultra Carry ii agree Screws and Bushings

The batteries in my Crimson Ultra Carry ii grips needed to be replaced. I was able to remove three of the screws with a T10 Torx. Unfortunately when I removed the 4th screw, the bushing came out of the frame with the screw still in the bushing. I don't want to ruin the threads on the outside of the bushing in order to remove the screw. Any suggestions?

I am wondering if I should just order 4 new screws and bushings, but not sure of the size and if I can use hex instead or Torx.
JPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 06-11-2017, 03:38 AM   #2

Welcome to KT from Northeast, Pa.

The same thing happened to me on my Eclipse Pro II. I tried real hard to get the grip screw out of the bushing and finally had to clamp a vise-grip on the bushing and the screw came out. The bushing was shot at this point. I purchased new bushings and installed one new one. I removed the other 3 bushing with no problems and put some loctite on them and reinstalled. You could use some #60 O-Rings on the grip screws so they don't loosen up. 1911 grip bushing are standard as far as I know, you just need to know if you have a slim grip or standard grip. A bushing tool is also something you may want to use to install or remove the bushing, I personally don't have one.
Chuck43 likes this.
JC45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 06:05 AM   #3
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum from northern Illinois JPB. JC covered what needs to be done, bushings come in two sizes, standard and slim. You'll need a standard size, clean the threads in the frame and on the new bushing before applying the Loctite and let it cure before reinstalling the grips. A bushing tool isn't necessary to do the job but it lessens the odds of you buggering up the new bushing, don't ask how I know that.
Marshall likes this.

Old 06-11-2017, 06:07 AM   #4

As a former mechanic I believe you replace screws like you would replace a sparkplug.

"Finger tight and a 1/4 turn."
Old 06-11-2017, 07:59 AM   #5
JPB

Thanks for the quick replies!!!
JPB is offline   Reply With Quote