Guidelines for member ranking. - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Forum News > Site Help and Support

Like Tree111Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2020, 06:59 PM   #1

Guidelines for member ranking.

What are the guidelines to move up in member static. Is it number of posts? Time on the site. Most sites have a sticky explaining such things as well as rules and regulations. Did I miss that in my haste to join and read the topics.
Could say I'm asking for a friend, but I'm not.
Oklahomabound and Stew like this.
Old Marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 07-16-2020, 07:18 PM   #2
Administrator

Title.......................... Posts

Junior Member................0

Member........................30

Senior Member.............100
2sharp2 and Oklahomabound like this.
OSOKILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 07:20 PM   #3
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by OSOKILL View Post
Title Posts

Junior Member 0

Member 30

Senior Member 100
Thank you.
2sharp2 likes this.

Ohio Chl holder
NRA member
Old age isn't for sissy's
Islander is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-16-2020, 07:20 PM   #4

Number of posts and things....if you are active it doesn't take long.
2sharp2 likes this.
Participant of the Southeast Asia War Games, 1971.
Markie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 07:40 PM   #5

Thanks guys. Spend most of my time reading and trying to learn something. This does explain why I've seen Senior members post smart ass remarks back and forth. It pays to post no matter if you're contributing. Now I understand.
Old 07-16-2020, 07:47 PM   #6
Super Moderator

Try to watch the sub forums you are posting in and be respectful of them. The Off-Topic Discussion Forum is where you can talk about anything from your health, hobbies pets or grandchildren.
2sharp2, Markie and Wingnut like this.
Old 07-16-2020, 08:36 PM   #7

I have watched new members run off by senior members because of things they have asked. I've seen smart ass comments made to them that have nothing to do with the discussion. I got the feeling this site was run by snobs that had their own little click. They didn't want to be bothered to help.
I stopped coming around because of how I was made to feel here. I came back to the site to read the jokes you post. Started scanning topics again and reading comments. It's better but still needs work.
I think it's shameful that people are allowed to treat other members, others who share the same interest like that here. We come to be helped and learn. To help others if we can. We don't need the insults. As the super moderator I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.
Perhaps it's my age. I'm 73 and was raised in a different age. Maybe it's me. But I don't want to be made to feel stupid because I asked for help or tryed to help someone who asked for help.
Islander, bhunted, Markie and 2 others like this.
Old 07-17-2020, 03:20 AM   #8

Interesting... this is the only message board I've ever been on in twenty years where I have never felt like any of those things was happening. Aside from a handful of members who for some reason feel compelled to shit all over Chico every time he puts more than two sentences together, this is the kindest forum I'm on by a country mile.
CharlieW, 2sharp2, bhunted and 3 others like this.
JBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 03:39 AM   #9

I’ll have have to go along with JBear on this. This is the best Forum I belong to. Stay around a little while and you’ll see it to. Oh, I’m 72 and a Vietnam Vet.
Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 03:52 AM   #10

Originally Posted by Old Marine View Post
I have watched new members run off by senior members because of things they have asked. I've seen smart ass comments made to them that have nothing to do with the discussion. I got the feeling this site was run by snobs that had their own little click. They didn't want to be bothered to help.
I stopped coming around because of how I was made to feel here. I came back to the site to read the jokes you post. Started scanning topics again and reading comments. It's better but still needs work.
I think it's shameful that people are allowed to treat other members, others who share the same interest like that here. We come to be helped and learn. To help others if we can. We don't need the insults. As the super moderator I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.
Perhaps it's my age. I'm 73 and was raised in a different age. Maybe it's me. But I don't want to be made to feel stupid because I asked for help or tryed to help someone who asked for help.
IMO this is one of the friendliest forums I hang at. There are a few that do harass a few members but then, that is why we have an "Ignore list". I make use of that to bypass the few who like to be snotty on a regular basis. Very few here IMO! Welcome back Old Marine!
CharlieW and Oklahomabound like this.

"Ancient hatreds & modern weapons-that's my kind of show" - George Carlin

"Realism can sometimes be mistaken for pessimism!"

Join Gun Owners of America
https://gunowners.org/join/
OLE442 is online now   Reply With Quote