Kimber .380 Custom Crimson Micro CDP - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Forum News > Site Help and Support

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Cucamonga kid

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2020, 12:59 PM   #1

Kimber .380 Custom Crimson Micro CDP

I just purchased some new grips, which does not have the laser feature. There is an empty hole on the frame right above the top bushing. My question is, can this bushing be moved up so that my new grip will fit? If so, what proper tool is best for doing this? Thank you for any suggestions!!
Southpawchick17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 08-21-2020, 01:37 PM   #2

Kimber and Crimson trace have made an arrangement in the past so that the 380 laser grips will work on their micro pistols. They have drilled and tapped an extra hole in all of their frames to accommodate for the lower top screw on the right side of the LG grip. The bushing can be unthreaded and put into the uppermost hole to accommodate normal grips. It's a proprietary set up that is probably patented also. For instance your laser grips will not fit a Sig 238 or Colt Mustang which are basically the same pistols. They do not have an extra hole drilled and tapped nor do they have the extra metal on the mag well to do so.
Anyway, long story short, with the proper size screwdriver you can unthread that bushing and carefully thread it into the other hole.
JC45 likes this.