Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Forum Discussions > Training Videos

Like Tree8Likes
  • 5 Post By Mike240
  • 3 Post By Old Timer 57

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2017, 07:39 PM   #1

Rogers shooting target system class

I have for many many years wished to attend Rogers Shooting School in GA. I recently learned there is a duplicate Rogers range system at a remote location in AZ where a lot of rather secretive alphabet agencies train, and was invited to a two day version of Rogers training.

I will let those curious of Bill Rogers, his target system etc. to got to RogersShooting School.com and Youtube to check out the videos.

The target system is very unique in that it is not just shooting steel, but steel that pops up and then can be knocked over. But if not knocked over in the time provided will drop and disappear. You will learn your limitations as many targets are exposed at half second intervals.

Certainly I would have liked to attend Rogers home base for his instruction. This course was pretty much exposure to the computer run system and self discovery of improving and adapting techniques.

The attendees were somewhat vetted other than four men whose employer is highly classified/non MIL (but if you can read between the lines and understand the jargon can be pretty well be determined).

We shot 1500 rounds in the two days, day one going into the night with hand held and weapon mounted lights.

This place is run by another group but under an agreement with Rogers and there site is RogersRange.com. They are expanding into opening other classes.

This target system is an ass kicker. Rogers keeps stats on attendees scores. We were told 10000 people have attended (mostly LE and Tier One Mil groups under contract) and that only 5% have met or passed the 110 test score. You better be fast! My friend's best test score was 120 and the class high. I was 116. 125 is a perfect score, 125 shots fired in the test.

Well worth the money, though a long two days, very AZ hot and remote desert travel. If can, take the course.
Chuck43, Marshall, 2sharp2 and 2 others like this.

Last edited by Mike240; 09-06-2017 at 07:42 PM.
Mike240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 09-06-2017, 08:51 PM   #2

Hey - I can relate to this. I remember being in a hot remote desert location shooting at pop up targets. As I recall we shot at least 1500 rounds in an hour. Them damn pop ups shot back at us though.

Nice to shoot at targets that don't shoot back! Sounds like a lot of fun!
Chuck43, Marshall and Mini Me like this.

Semper Fi

Kimber Ultra CDP II .45 ACP
Kimber Stainless Micro 9mm
Old Timer 57 is offline   Reply With Quote