Kimber Talk Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO....anyone know where I can find some decently priced 12ga rifled slugs? 2 4/3" 02 3". I got a new gun and would like to break it in. Unfortunately my local range only allows slugs. I have several hundred rounds of buckshot and 1000 or so of various bird/clay rounds but only a few boxes of slugs. All I see on line is about $3 a round. I REFUSE to pay $3 a round! That is just silly. shortages or not, its stupid.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
T56: Exact same situation here. Only had my O/U bird guns for shotguns, decided that a tactical unit was needed in these times. NO Buckshot anywhere here either at any price. So I networked with local friends and found a buddy who needed .30-06 ammo. I had quite a lot, traded him 40 rounds of '06 handloads for a full box of 00 Buckshot. He threw in ten rifled slugs too.

Probably the only way you'll find some is to post something on your local Craigs List or other like medium, 'cause from what I hear and read, this situation will not correct itself for at least another year, or so I'm told. Good luck with the quest, as like you, I flatly refuse to pay $3 a shot for anything!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Few yrs ago I went to the range about a week before deer season. Fellow sighting in shotgun and couldnt seem to hit the paper. Was a new gun bore sighted by selling gunshop.

I invited him to use my rests at 25 yrds. He had 3x5 boxes of slugs marked $15.99.
He shot and I couldnt seen hole thru scops. Finally I saw a 1/2 hole right on the top edge of his targhet (25 yrds).

I suggested a correction but he sais "OH NO the gunshop boresighted it." After couple more misses I made another suggestion, down and right. "Oh, no, I only move one at a time."

Soon he was packing it up, out of $50 ammo knowing nothing more than when he arrived except that the gunshop "boresighted it for him."

1 - 3 of 3 Posts