Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the forum and to Kimbers.. NIB Eclipse Pro Target II...cleaned it up oiled as per instructions..Now how do I not put another scratch on the frame when replacing the slide stop..Damn. :eek:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Use a business card

Place a business card under the area where it might scratch, or a piece of duct tape.

·
Super Moderator
38,381 Posts
Welcome to the forum from northern Illinois, a piece of electrical tape also works.

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
Hey Ya'll!

Welcome to the forum from beautiful downtown Monroe, Georgia!!!
:cool::cool::cool:
Monroe Water Tower.jpg

Send us some photos of your Eclipse and a range report when you get the chance!! We like pictures!!!

You now have four very use methods of preventing the "idiot scratch"! However, if you still manage to do it (like me! :eek:) here are two choices for the cure, to cover up your oops!!:
BC Super Black.jpg Sharpie.JPG

·
Registered
19,361 Posts
Welcome to the forum from the city of St.Lou.
You're not the first to do it nor will you be the last.
I did the same thing to my girlfriends Ultra Tle and used a black sharpie marker to help fill it in.
Good luck and enjoy the new shooter...

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Welcome oz. Eclipse: Excellent! Pro: Excellent! Idiot Scratch: Well, two out of three ain't bad. Welcome to the forum.

I just try to turn the slide stop as I am pushing down so that when it is almost in it is directly over the alignment hole vs. pushing it all the way in then turning it. It doesn't want to push straight in but just a little turn seems to do it for me. Easier said than done I know. My Royal II is really tight and hard to get the stop in.

·
Registered
14,017 Posts
New to the forum and to Kimbers.. NIB Eclipse Pro Target II...cleaned it up oiled as per instructions..Now how do I not put another scratch on the frame when replacing the slide stop..Damn. :eek:
"Guitar Pick"! Welcome to the site from Tennessee!

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
Welcome to the forum, OZ White. First 1911? First Kimber?

Prepare for the continued reduction of your bank account. Buying Kimbers/1911s is very habit forming.

Welcome to KimberTalk Logo most expensive.JPG

·
Registered
309 Posts
Welcome from Florida.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Welcome and congrats on your new Kimber..
like Jeff said your not the first and won't be the last to scratch a 1911 I'm proof of that.;)

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the ideas..after 4 -5 tries I still don't know how I finally got it back in. I have electrical tape, duct tape, business cards and even a few guitar pick's so I should be OK.
Not quite as easy as the lever on a Taurus 92 or Sig 226 (Ya I have trouble with the sig 2022 also) Range today to try it out..Thanks again..PS ..love V35b..doctor killer

1 - 14 of 14 Posts