Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Nothing hasn't worked yet, my eats these so far. I've used Federal, Hornady, CCI (Blazer), and PMC.

·
Banned
8,281 Posts
I'm surprised the Hornady didn't work, assuming they were Critical Defense.

I've found this more pointed ogive is actually mid-way up the ramp when you inspect the "feed" with the slide latched back.

These cartridges function flawlessly in my UC2 and my SIG P238, which is very similar to the Micro.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I had no problem with any of the brands I listed. I fixed my post.

·
Super Moderator
38,353 Posts
I'm surprised the Hornady didn't work, assuming they were Critical Defense.

I've found this more pointed ogive is actually mid-way up the ramp when you inspect the "feed" with the slide latched back.

These cartridges function flawlessly in my UC2 and my SIG P238, which is very similar to the Micro.
I had no problem with any of the brands I listed. I fixed my post.
Guns are like women, they may be built the same but they all have distinctive personalities. It's your job to figure out what they like and don't like.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I've shot Hydra-Shoks and Hornady XTP in mine with no issues. Other than FMJ, I haven't tried anything else.

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
Not really tried a large variety, but all seems to be running fine. Is the Lehigh a high pressure load, light bullet? Something different about it?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Not really tried a large variety, but all seems to be running fine. Is the Lehigh a high pressure load, light bullet? Something different about it?
Here is a video that shows what is so special about it. Not sure if I'm ready to give up my XTP, but it was interesting.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The You Tube video is where I got my info. I didn't know if anyone had tried it. I'll get some and report back. It's either good ammo or good marketing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
All,

Just got in two boxes of Underwood 380 90gr. Xtreme P. It seems that my Raptor likes it. This will be my carry load.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Everything seems to shoot through mine. I have used Remington Golden Sabor 102 Gr. American Eagle 95gr. And PMC 90 Gr. I have questions about the PMC though. Not positive but seems after extended shooting 100+ rounds I am not getting full return to battery. Not sure if it is getting dirty and the 90 gr is not powerful enough. Again, I am not positive. Since experienceing that I have only used 95 gr. and 102 gr with never an issue.
Again, just not positive about the PMC but it is the only round where I have seen any indication of an issue and again after long shooting session. Like I say maybe the gun is getting sticky and dirty and the 90gr just isn't powerful enough. Again, is this rare, but it is the only ammo I am concerned about in my Micro. Other than that it is a dream gun to shoot.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
I use the Hornady Custom XTP. Tests show it penetrating 12 inches of gelatin consistent even thru 4 layers of heavy denum. With good expansion. Most loads with the XTP Bullet are great preformers in the little 380's.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have 100 rounds through my Micro CDP with no problems. I used my chronograph on a 25 shot string of Winchester white box 95 grain with the following results: Chronograph approximately 10 feet from the muzzle,

Average Velocity 881.1, Hi 901.8, Low 845.3, ES 56.5 and SD 14.4.

25 Shot string using Remington HTP 88 grain: Average Velocity 907.2, Hi 954.8, Low 878.3, ES 76.5, and SD 16.8.

·
Super Moderator
38,353 Posts
Welcome to the forum from northern Illinois nlsutler.

·
Super Moderator
38,353 Posts
Welcome to the forum from northern Illinois pacotaco90 and congratulations on the new Micro Carry Raptor.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts