Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I don't want it to seem I'm bragging about what I have, but a few members encouraged me to post some pic's when I introduced myself.

So here's a few...........

The 1911 is a Colt Delta Elite 10mm. I've added an Ed Brown beavertail, ambi safety, full length guide rod, satin nickel on frame and black teflon on the slide. I bought in new in '89, and carried it for a while, still do occasionally.

The centenial is a 642 .357. I put it in a front pocket on the rare occasional I wear something that a 1911 isn't practical. My wife has a 442 .38 Spec w/pink grips, but I don't have a pic of it.

I'm a .41 mag fan, so the next three are;
** a 8 5/8" Model 57. I've taken several OK whitetails and one CO muley with it.
** a stock Model 58 (other than grips). 4" blue fixed sights .41 mag
** another Model 58, but has been modified to round butt and DA only with a matte finish. This was done before S&W ever made any round butt N-frames. This was my carry gun before I bought the Delta Elite. It has a wonderfully smooth, slick action.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
38,430 Posts
Sweet collection, I'm also a big fan of the .41 mag.

·
Registered
19,361 Posts
The Colt 1911 is a sweet looking 10mm and I thought about buying that caliber until I seen the price of the ammo...:eek:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
A few more..........

A Colt LE 6920, with a few Magpul pieces added. It's my 0-300 yd 5.56.

A Stag 3GH upper, with a lower I already had. 18" fluted SS bbl & Leupold Mark AR scope w/BDC. For 300-600 yds, I haven't shot it any farther than that yet. Still haven't worked up any accuracy loads on paper yet, just been banging gongs with it.

Thompson Center Contender; 14" in 7-30 Waters w/Leupold 4X. I originally shot this with open sights when I shot steel sihlouettes many years ago. Later added the scope and use it on whitetails and muleys. I've probably taken 12-15 deer with it. This thing is amazingly accurate! I have another Contender frame (no pic) with a youth stock and a 20" 7-30 Waters barrel on it. Good setup for a young person's first deer rifle. And a 10" .22 barrel.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Last pic for now.........

A S&W Model 48 .22 mag w/factory fitted .22 LR cyl. 8 3/8" Triple Target. Its a 4 screw model. My wife's favorite! When we go to the range, I give her a bulk box of 333 or 500 or 555 rounds in .22 LR. She will shoot it until she's out of ammo. Luckily I had a stockpile of .22 LR before it disappeared from the shelves!!

That's about all of the pic's I have. I've got Henry levers, a few other rifles and shotguns, a S&W .22 AR, but nothing outstanding as far as pic's would go.

Thanks for letting me share!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
38,430 Posts
I'm also a fan of the Thompson Contender, I use a 357 Herrett for antelope and Mule deer. and a .221 fireball for varmints.

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
Nice. Reminds me I need to go shoot the 5.56 soon.

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
Nice, again. Like the grips.

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
Looks like you robbed a gun store. :D

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Very nice collection! Thanks for sharing. I'm personally not a fan of shooting revolvers or rifles, but still like looking at them! :)

·
Registered
14,043 Posts
Very nice collection! Thanks for sharing. I'm personally not a fan of shooting revolvers or rifles, but still like looking at them! :)
Come on Chickadee, broaden your horizon. Try it you might like it.

·
Registered
14,043 Posts
A Colt LE 6920, with a few Magpul pieces added. It's my 0-300 yd 5.56.

A Stag 3GH upper, with a lower I already had. 20" fluted SS bbl & 15" fore end. Leupold Mark AR scope w/BDC. For 300-600 yds, I haven't shot it any farther than that yet. Still haven't worked up any accuracy loads on paper yet, just been banging gongs with it.

Thompson Center Contender; 14" in 7-30 Waters w/Leupold 4X. I originally shot this with open sights when I shot steel sihlouettes many years ago. Later added the scope and use it on whitetails and muleys. I've probably taken 12-15 deer with it. This thing is amazingly accurate! I have another Contender frame (no pic) with a youth stock and a 20" 7-30 Waters barrel on it. Good setup for a young person's first deer rifle. And a 10" .22 barrel.
I like them all, wheel guns and rifles. I didn't get into the .41 magnum went with the .44 mag instead.

·
Super Moderator
5,193 Posts
Nice collection. The majority of my handguns are revolvers!

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Nice looking collection. No brag, just fact and tHe more pics the better. Got any Kimber 1911s?

·
Super Moderator
38,430 Posts
Nice looking collection. No brag, just fact and tHe more pics the better. Got any Kimber 1911s?
Check post 123 in the Kimber photo thread.

·
Registered
19,361 Posts
You get yourself one S&W or Ruger revolver and you will be hooked..{or any quality wheel gun}
My next purchase will be another wheel gun, but I still like my 1911's..
Completely different experience in shooting...

·
Super Moderator
5,193 Posts
You get yourself one S&W or Ruger revolver and you will be hooked..
My next purchase will be another wheel gun, but I still like my 1911's..
Completely different experience in shooting...
I totally agree!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts