Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a list of all pistols and revolvers issued to U.S. law enforcement agencies. Does anyone have any direction? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
There is a many years old and still ongoing thread on the big 1911 forum in the LE section. You will likely get more information there. Some agencies mandate the carry of only issued weapons. Some don't issue at all and officers buy from an approved list. Still others will issue and allow carry of personal guns of other makes, models from an approved list.

Where I worked up till Jan issued Glock 17s to all. But could also carry 1911s of several makes, SW M&P, some SIG models and XD/XDm. Calibers can be 9, 40 or .45.

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
My 2 Cents Worth!!

I have heard, from a very reliable (yet un-nameable) source, that the majority of major U.S. city police departments issue and carry the Hi-Point Model 34010 .40 S&W pistol!! They do not use a holster. They just let it hang from a lanyard or heavy length of twine around their neck!!! That makes for a much faster draw!! Also, once all ammo is expended, the pistol can be twirled at the end of the lanyard/twine like a gaucho's bolo and thrown at fleeing criminals, to trip them up and foil their escape!!!
Gaucho With Bolo.jpg <---Picture your pistol on the end of this!!!

It was chosen for it's dashing good looks and all around menacing/intimidation factor. Any officer carrying one of these is one seriously angry individual!!! You gotta be a bad ass if forced by department administrators to carry one!!! Don't mess with a cop carrying one of these. He has been abused enough about carrying it already. This guy has probably elevated police brutality to the level of a science!! DO NOT SCREW WITH THIS MAN, unless you really wish to die!!
Hi-Point Pimp Pistol.jpg
The official issue side arm of the San Francisco PD, Hate Crime-Vice Squad!! (May also be ordered with the optional rainbow color scheme finish!!)

The sarcasm switch has now been turned off!!
switch.jpg
I was just messin' with ya!!! Just sayin' .............. biggrin2.gif

I gotta quite!! My mind is just running wild now!!! JUST DAMN!! I can't take any more!!

·
Registered
462 Posts
I have heard, from a very reliable (yet un-nameable) source, that the majority of major U.S. city police departments issue and carry the Hi-Point Model 34010 .40 S&W pistol!! They do not use a holster. They just let it hang from a lanyard or heavy length of twine around their neck!!! That makes for a much faster draw!! Also, once all ammo is expended, the pistol can be twirled at the end of the lanyard/twine like a gaucho's bolo and thrown at fleeing criminals, to trip them up and foil their escape!!!
View attachment 15305 <---Picture your pistol on the end of this!!!

It was chosen for it's dashing good looks and all around menacing/intimidation factor. Any officer carrying one of these is one seriously angry individual!!! You gotta be a bad ass if forced by department administrators to carry one!!! Don't mess with a cop carrying one of these. He has been abused enough about carrying it already. This guy has probably elevated police brutality to the level of a science!! DO NOT SCREW WITH THIS MAN, unless you really wish to die!!
View attachment 15281
The official issue side arm of the San Francisco PD, Hate Crime-Vice Squad!! (May also be ordered with the optional rainbow color scheme finish!!)

The sarcasm switch has now been turned off!!
View attachment 15289
I was just messin' with ya!!! Just sayin' .............. View attachment 15297

I gotta quite!! My mind is just running wild now!!! JUST DAMN!! I can't take any more!!
Lineman, that is the issue in Mexico, not the US.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
If you look up individual departments, usually Wiki or some source will tell you current carry and some even tell you what they used prior.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
Just A Few!!

Lineman, that is the issue in Mexico, not the US.
Those are only the few pistols that BATFE "walked" across the border during Fast & Furious!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts