Kimber Talk Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I removed the Fusion chain link mainspring housing on my SS Raptor and installed a Nighthawk 25 LPI Stainless MSH.

Several years ago I replaced the Kimber MSH because I liked the look of the chain link. It’s a close match to the frontstrap on the Raptor. I didn’t have any issues with the original Kimber MSH, just wanted something different.

This particular chain link MSH didn’t have the grip I like. I saw this one from Nighthawk and decided to give it a try. Installation was a breeze. No fitting was needed. It dropped right in to place.

The Nighthawk checkering feels great to me. Excellent grip, my hand stays in place. It’s well made and I’m glad I went with this one. Here’s some pictures.

·
Registered
7,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks great on her, sorta like a well fitted pair of jeans on an eye-catching, size 4-8 example of the fairer sex. NICE 😀
This is my 2nd MSH from Nighthawk, the 1st is a 1 piece with magwell and both were a perfect fit. Another bonus is it was under $50. It’s cheaper than a Kimber replacement.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
This is my 2nd MSH from Nighthawk, the 1st is a 1 piece with magwell and both were a perfect fit. Another bonus is it was under $50. It’s cheaper than a Kimber replacement.
...that's interesting. Am I correct in thinking that the Nighthawk parts are made of metal and the Kimber product is plastic?

·
Registered
7,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
...that's interesting. Am I correct in thinking that the Nighthawk parts are made of metal and the Kimber product is plastic?
I’m pretty
I was a little off. The plastic one is $30 and one with a magwell is $150. I thought they had a stainless replacement for $80 but it’s not listed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts