Kimbertalk.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I invited a friend from 1911Addicts to join us on Kimber Talk and he says he is unable to create a membership, keeps getting message ERROR Please correct your password.

Probably signing in as Mike A

Can you help him?

·
Super Moderator
37,282 Posts
I'm working on it Arland.

Reactions: 2sharp2

·
Registered
13,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Chuck, thought I'd cover all the bases.

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
Many sites fail to explicitly define the criteria for allowable passwords. It's nearly 2020, and you'd think that everyone would allow 50 characters, including all letters, numbers, and symbols. Some sites don't. Have your buddy dumb-down his password. If he's still having problems, have him try something really stupid, like asdf1234.

Good luck, and I hope he makes it over here soon.

·
Registered
13,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Many sites fail to explicitly define the criteria for allowable passwords. It's nearly 2020, and you'd think that everyone would allow 50 characters, including all letters, numbers, and symbols. Some sites don't. Have your buddy dumb-down his password. If he's still having problems, have him try something really stupid, like asdf1234.

Good luck, and I hope he makes it over here soon.
Good idea Rusty. I'll suggest that to him. Passwords became tricky here after the new owners took over couple years ago.

·
Registered
13,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Others Having Trouble

I'm concerned other potential new members are having the same issues creating a new member account like my friend that I invited. I was a little embarrassed when he PM'd me on Addicts and said he had attempted 4 times to join and he keeps getting an ERROR massage to correct his password.

I wonder how many new members are unable to create and account and give up because they have no way to contact anyone for help?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts