Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
4,705 Posts
He should get time in prison.
He knew it was a real gun.
The responsibility of safe gun handling lies in the person holding the gun.
Baldwin held the gun, aimed it, and fired the shot.

He will argue he thought it was safe due to the safety of the gun being the responsibility of the armorer.

The armorer was in fact negligent, and shares responsibility for the accident, but the burden of safe gun handling ultimately lies with Baldwin.

Depending on the judge/jury it could honestly go either way.

If he's found guilty, it's unlikely he will get time, though of it were you or I, we would be jailed and sued into bankruptcy.

· Registered
4,705 Posts
Agree completely. It is also being reported that the armorer will be charged.
Guilty of negligence at best.
No different than a safety man on a job site failing to inspect equipment that cause a fatal accident.
Probably a fine and loss of professional license.

Baldwin broke every rule of safe gun handling, and shot a firearm at an individual, causing death.

If actors aren't going to use basic, simple safe gun handling procedures, they shouldn't touch real guns.
Period.
If you cant safely drive the backhoe, don't sit your ass in the driver's seat. Someone might get hurt.

· Registered
70 Posts
It's about time.

· Registered
1,613 Posts
He should get time in prison.
He knew it was a real gun.
The responsibility of safe gun handling lies in the person holding the gun.
Baldwin held the gun, aimed it, and fired the shot.

He will argue he thought it was safe due to the safety of the gun being the responsibility of the armorer.

The armorer was in fact negligent, and shares responsibility for the accident, but the burden of safe gun handling ultimately lies with Baldwin.

Depending on the judge/jury it could honestly go either way.

If he's found guilty, it's unlikely he will get time, though of it were you or I, we would be jailed and sued into bankruptcy.
My uncle who was a LEO in NY years ago told me with enough money you can buy your way out of a murder rap.

· Registered
4,705 Posts
My uncle who was a LEO in NY years ago told me with enough money you can buy your way out of a murder rap.
He wasn't wrong.
Baldwin's case will have more to do with politics, as his net worth isn't "enough money" these days ($70m) to buy a judge in a high profile case like this.
Baldwin is a staunch democrat and Biden supporter.

· Registered
4,705 Posts
Another Kevin Spacy, just a different crime. Put the fork in him he’s done.
Spacey could act.
I'm still torn, as the woke mob went after him during the MeToo movement. They were hell bent on destroying his career.
Funny thing about his issues:
Out of all the accusations that went to court (5), all were either dismissed or Spacey was found not guilty.
🤔

· Registered
4,705 Posts
If old Joe pardons him he would be making a mockery out of our legal system.
The left has been doing that for quite some time now.
From arrests over masks and the summer of BLM love to the Jan 6 kangaroo court and define the police, the left has been destroying any faith in the justice system.

However, I don't think he will get a pardon of convicted. Just a light sentence of community service and fines.

· Registered
1,613 Posts
The left has been doing that for quite some time now.
From arrests over masks and the summer of BLM love to the Jan 6 kangaroo court and define the police, the left has been destroying any faith in the justice system.

However, I don't think he will get a pardon of convicted. Just a light sentence of community service and fines.
You are probably right

1 - 20 of 24 Posts