Kimber Talk Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up my micro rapide. Cabelas sold me 2 boxes of ammo & just noticed they are aluminum casing. I have a SS LW & a Pro carry & always use brass casing. Is aluminum ok to use on Kimber?

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Its fine. CCI Speer sells a lot of it. Been using it in everything without probs for years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: RustyIron

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Just picked up my micro rapide. Cabelas sold me 2 boxes of ammo & just noticed they are aluminum casing. I have a SS LW & a Pro carry & always use brass casing. Is aluminum ok to use on Kimber?
It's fine.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
2 morrow taking my new toy to the range. Kimber really put this one together tighter than a baby’s ass. While I was @ cabelas I had another [email protected] the ultra . Of course it’s nice but so close to the pro carry which I already have, the rapide is in another class feels great in my hand, well balanced nice trigger action & the big plus lighter & easier to conceal & carry which was my main goal & yes it’s a pretty gun, I won’t leave home without it.

·
Registered
7,998 Posts
I picked up some a couple of months ago. It was available so I grabbed some. Haven’t tried it yet but glad to hear you guys didn’t have any problems.

·
Super Moderator
38,046 Posts
It works, I just don't like using anything but brass.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
2 morrow taking my new toy to the range. Kimber really put this one together tighter than a baby’s ass. While I was @ cabelas I had another [email protected] the ultra . Of course it’s nice but so close to the pro carry which I already have, the rapide is in another class feels great in my hand, well balanced nice trigger action & the big plus lighter & easier to conceal & carry which was my main goal & yes it’s a pretty gun, I won’t leave home without it.
When this damn rain stops I'm gonna have a range day too.
:)

The Ultra is smaller than the Pro Carry, and has a 3 inch barrel.
Micro's are just too small for me to get good accuracy, beyond a few yards.

I would also suggest putting a few hundred rounds through it before using it as a primary CCW.

Reactions: Chuck43

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
I used to own a Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II that only ran somewhat reliably when shooting aluminum cased ammo. It ran reliably almost all of the time but brass was a real problem and I had a few issues with my Speer Gold Dot! I bought a lot of aluminum up because I intended to use it for my every day carry with the Kimber but that never did work out so thankfully it runs fine in my other 45's.

I'd really like to buy a Springfield Ronnin in 45 ACP but being retired and trying to finish up a 72 442 restoration has tightened up my budget. Even if I did have the funds, they seem pretty hard to find in a price range I can afford! Oh well.....

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Its fine. CCI Speer sells a lot of it. Been using it in everything without probs for years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I just called Kimber & the recommended no due to expansion of aluminum casing. Cabelas said they would refund me the money or replace with brass when they get it in stock

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
When this damn rain stops I'm gonna have a range day too.
:)

The Ultra is smaller than the Pro Carry, and has a 3 inch barrel.
Micro's are just too small for me to get good accuracy, beyond a few yards.

I would also suggest putting a few hundred rounds through it before using it as a primary CCW.
Absolutely, kimber ships with a lot of oil on new guns stripped & cleaned lubed it with shooters choice ready for the test run

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
b
I just called Kimber & the recommended no due to expansion of aluminum casing. Cabelas said they would refund me the money or replace with brass when they get it in stock
That's true they can expand and stick in the chamber, but Ive never had it happen with any gun.
Due to the ammo shortage, Ive shot all sorts of sketchy ammo in my Ultra and it ran flawlessly with all of it.

Reactions: JC45
1 - 14 of 14 Posts