Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I went to the range today with some folks from work.

I brought my Kimber Eclipse Pro II, Beretta M9, and my new HK USPc 9mm.

Went with a co-worker who shoots matches, so he was walking us through some basics. Drawing from a holster, Shooting multiple targets, and then shooting multiple targets while moving.

Then we got our turn at the 5 point wheel with steel plates on the 5 points. It was stationary til you hit one, then the balance is off and it's moving...

The guy showing us the ropes went first, 6 shots, all 5 plates down.

I decided to go with the Beretta given the additional rounds I figured I might need.

6 rounds 5 plates down!

The rest of the shooters took turns with various levels of success...

I tried with my new HK as well and needed 7 rounds.

I also got to shoot this ridiculous monster...

1.5 lb trigger pull... and chock full of awesomeness.

What a great time!

I did use my Kimber for the moving and shooting portion of the drills, and was happy with tight groups and the trigger pull was just right during the moving and shooting portion.

·
Super Moderator
5,190 Posts
Awesome!! Nothing better then a day at the range with friends.

·
Registered
643 Posts
That's the way to do some team building:) Would love to shoot that BCG!! Sounds like a great day was had by all.

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
Congrats on a great day. Sounds like a lot of fun. I guess if you have to ask how much a tricked out BCG costs, you can't afford one. ;)

Sure would be fun to shoot one.

·
Super Moderator
38,342 Posts
Gary, the Pro Sx Elider73 has pictured is on Brazoscustom.com, it's listed at $5700.00.

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
That's not too bad, if you are a serious, competitive shooter.

·
Registered
868 Posts
So I went to the range today with some folks from work.

I brought my Kimber Eclipse Pro II, Beretta M9, and my new HK USPc 9mm.

Went with a co-worker who shoots matches, so he was walking us through some basics. Drawing from a holster, Shooting multiple targets, and then shooting multiple targets while moving.

Then we got our turn at the 5 point wheel with steel plates on the 5 points. It was stationary til you hit one, then the balance is off and it's moving...

The guy showing us the ropes went first, 6 shots, all 5 plates down.

I decided to go with the Beretta given the additional rounds I figured I might need.

6 rounds 5 plates down!

The rest of the shooters took turns with various levels of success...

I tried with my new HK as well and needed 7 rounds.

I also got to shoot this ridiculous monster...

1.5 lb trigger pull... and chock full of awesomeness.

What a great time!

I did use my Kimber for the moving and shooting portion of the drills, and was happy with tight groups and the trigger pull was just right during the moving and shooting portion.
That sounds like fun. Some guy was shooting one of those BCG's next to me I didn't know what it was. He was shredding with it that's for sure. Glad you had a great day!

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
Remember.....

The worst day shooting is far better than the best day working!!!

Do like I did. Teach them a lesson and RETIRE!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts