Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Bought some 9mm today at my LGS for $24 per 50 rounds. They have an adequate supply in stock. Had a few different defensive ammos in stock too. Still a lot of empty shelves but it's slowly coming back.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Those a great prices in these times.
My LGS hasn't tried to overpriced anything.
They run out, and a few week later they a huge shipment.
Prices are higher, but they havent reached the insane levels ammo has seen online.

Academy Sports has some really good prices, but they sell out within a day of getting inventory. I scored a single box of 50 Hornady .224 valkyrie $13 from them a week or so back.
That was all they had on the shelves besides .22lr rat shot.

·
Registered
583 Posts
The only chain I have near me is Dunham's. Their ammo prices are pretty fair..but you have to darn near be in the store when the ammo comes in. Even though there is a 3 box limit..it disappears quickly.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
It's like that at Academy.
AS is two hours away from me so I rarely go there. They have guys waiting in line when they open.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Was just on ammoseek.com found max tech 9mm for 24.95 per 50. S&g ammo just picked up 5 boxes for 138.00 shipped. Lowest I’ve seen in awhile. Just thought I’d pass this along to u guys.
My LGS carries Max Tech
I have shot a few thousand rounds of it.
It's decent plinking ammo. I havent had an issue with it.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My LGS carries Max Tech
I have shot a few thousand rounds of it.
It's decent plinking ammo. I havent had an issue with it.
That’s good to hear. I bought some patriot defense when it fires a flash comes out of the barrel. I called them they said it was normal due the gun powder that was used. At the range I had the someone check it out & they said it was not a problem. I just never fired ammo that flashed when shooting.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
So I rode over to the neighboring county with my Brother-in-law so he could buy a Savage 112 in .338 Lapua from Wal-Mart (Yes you read that right), for $967.
While there I scored a brick of 333rnds of .22lr.
They had .338 ammo @$97 for 20rnds.

Then on our way home we stopped in a friends Pawn shop, where I scored 100rnds of American Eagle .45acp for $90

Then, on a whim, we stopped in our local Wal-Mart, where I scored another 333 brick of .22lr.

Feelin' pretty damn lucky, I bought a lottery ticket on the way home.
Powerball. Go big or go home.😁🤘

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
At my LGS today they had pallets of 9mm (.36 cpr) and .223 (.65 cpr)
500 round limit.
100 rnd boxes of .45 ACP for $49.
20 rounds of .224 Valkyrie for $14

Ammo is coming back.
Prices are dropping a bit.

Still no 6.5 Creedmore.

·
Registered
2 Posts
At my LGS today they had pallets of 9mm (.36 cpr) and .223 (.65 cpr)
500 round limit.
100 rnd boxes of .45 ACP for $49.
20 rounds of .224 Valkyrie for $14

Ammo is coming back.
Prices are dropping a bit.

Still no 6.5 Creedmore.
I just got burned by theses guys.
Doing buisiness as Amoryandguns(.)com
I lost a bid for some ammo on Gunbroker.
Then I found these guys on line they said they had ammo in stock they wrote up a invoice and emailed it to me.
After I sent the money I did my research and started discovering the suspicious mistakes I made.
My invoice from Amory and Guns should have been a clue. Armory spelled wrong.
Then at the bottem of paige is say's Kingler Wepons Store. So I really started to investigate then.
That is how I got to this Forum.
I sent payment by Zelle not knowing about this company. No Credit Cards accepted because it's to save 3 to 4% fees.
They sent me fake UPS Tracking #
Finaly after a week of me contacting them they Texted back that I need to now send them $360 for insurance before they will ship it. Text only now. They won't talk on the phone. I traced it and it goes to a Ohio number routed through a computer in Colorado so it can be anserwed from anywhere in the world.
Tracking dosn't work. I contacted UPS there is no site Ups-global.org.
It has Amory and Guns phone number and email for customer service. So in my haste to buy ammo I got ripped off for $500. I'm 67 not a idiot but not up to younger ways of doing things.
When I looked up Amoryandguns physical adress on bottem of webbsight it is listed as 9225 OH-14 Unit A, Streetsboro, OH 4424
Yet when I google this address it is a picture of Top Shot Firearms I called and talked with the owner he had know idea they are claiming his address. I will be caling the Better Buisiness Bureau and UPS about the Fake shipping site.
Not much will happen I'm sure.
Oh well live and learn I just don't want any others to get ripped off.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
I just got burned by theses guys.
Doing buisiness as Amoryandguns(.)com
I lost a bid for some ammo on Gunbroker.
Then I found these guys on line they said they had ammo in stock they wrote up a invoice and emailed it to me.
After I sent the money I did my research and started discovering the suspicious mistakes I made.
My invoice from Amory and Guns should have been a clue. Armory spelled wrong.
Then at the bottem of paige is say's Kingler Wepons Store. So I really started to investigate then.
That is how I got to this Forum.
I sent payment by Zelle not knowing about this company. No Credit Cards accepted because it's to save 3 to 4% fees.
They sent me fake UPS Tracking #
Finaly after a week of me contacting them they Texted back that I need to now send them $360 for insurance before they will ship it. Text only now. They won't talk on the phone. I traced it and it goes to a Ohio number routed through a computer in Colorado so it can be anserwed from anywhere in the world.
Tracking dosn't work. I contacted UPS there is no site Ups-global.org.
It has Amory and Guns phone number and email for customer service. So in my haste to buy ammo I got ripped off for $500. I'm 67 not a idiot but not up to younger ways of doing things.
When I looked up Amoryandguns physical adress on bottem of webbsight it is listed as 9225 OH-14 Unit A, Streetsboro, OH 4424
Yet when I google this address it is a picture of Top Shot Firearms I called and talked with the owner he had know idea they are claiming his address. I will be caling the Better Buisiness Bureau and UPS about the Fake shipping site.
Not much will happen I'm sure.
Oh well live and learn I just don't want any others to get ripped off.

Not sure why you quoted me.
I dont buy ammo online, I just buy locally.... but yes there are scammers out there.

If you must order online, only order from reputable vendors with a long proven track record.

Shit I don't even use gunbroker.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I dont buy ammo online, I just buy locally.... but yes there are scammers out there.

If you must order online, only order from reputable vendors with a long proven track record.

Bu

Bucking horse outpost is reputable no tax & free shipping over $75. Ordered @ least 5 times from them last night I was on ammoseek.com Norma is selling direct also no tax & free ship over $59. they are located in S Ga.

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
I just ordered some .38 Super, 9mm, and a brick of .22LR from these folks... SGAmmo.com | Family Owned and Operated Ammo Sales, Stillwater OK may not be the lowest price but they are honest and well stocked... ...use to get ammo from these folks in person when we lived in Oklahoma...
Back in the day... SGAmmo used to have the lowest delivered price per 5k case of CCI SV .22LR. I haven't ordered from them in a while but they are good people to do business with. No bs operation.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Back in the day... SGAmmo used to have the lowest delivered price per 5k case of CCI SV .22LR. I haven't ordered from them in a while but they are good people to do business with. No bs operation.
SG Ammo is good to go.
They are very legit.
I know a ton of people that have ordered from them over the years.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts