Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If you have a problem with the spouse complaining about the price of Ammo, make them watch the movie The Survivalist.
It's not a particularly great move but it does have a lot of scenes complaining about running out of ammo during a gunfight and siege. My wife told me she thought we should get more ammo during the movie.
We went to the gun show today and she started leading me around by the hand. I felt I should be wearing a Burka following her around the show. She was comparing prices on ammo. Finally she led me back to one of the places she had been. She picked out a case (1000) 45 ACP FMJ and a case (1000) of 380 FMJ. She said we shouldn't get caught short.

She didn't even complain when I picked up a new S&W M&P 45 ACP NTS to shoot the 45's.
Now I really loved that movie.

·
Registered
8,374 Posts
Nobody wants to run out of ammo. My wife likes to shoot so I guess I’m lucky she doesn’t complain about what I spend on ammo. A case of 20ga just arrived yesterday for her.

I have a M&P 45 4” barrel. I added an Apex flat face trigger kit and a set of Trijicon HD night sights. The Apex Trigger really made a difference for me. I haven’t shot with the Trijicon sights yet but that might happen tomorrow. Good luck with yours.

Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Material property

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
I have the exact opposite problem.

My wife spends so much in our LGS, they GAVE her a .22 supressor (she only paid the Tax stamp, can was free).
She just dropped off her .17hmr bolt gun to our local Gunsmith to get the barrel threaded.

She likes the German guns, has a collection of HK and Walther products and carries either a PPK/s or HK P2000.
We shoot every couple weeks.

She is also not allowed to touch/buy sub-guns without me being present after the fiasco we will henceforth call "the MP5 incident".

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have the exact opposite problem.

My wife spends so much in our LGS, they GAVE her a .22 supressor (she only paid the Tax stamp, can was free).
She just dropped off her .17hmr bolt gun to our local Gunsmith to get the barrel threaded.

She likes the German guns, has a collection of HK and Walther products and carries either a PPK/s or HK P2000.
We shoot every couple weeks.

She is also not allowed to touch/buy sub-guns without me being present after the fiasco we will henceforth call "the MP5 incident".
From far away it kinda looks like an AK. Easy mistake.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Short Fuse: The movie you refer to, "The Survivalist"....are you really referring to the one with Robin Williams and Walter Matheau "The Survivors"? Great comedy, and shows why NOT to run out of ammo during a gunfight. Is that the movie?

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Survivalist with John Malkovich and Jonathan Rhys Meyers?

lol.

Better one to describe the horror of running out of ammo would be the documentary: Tremors 2

Smile Flash photography Cap Military person Baseball cap

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Red box but before you get it just casually mention your personal ammo shortage.
I'm curious if it will work twice.
No Red Box here anymore thanks to the ChiCom flu. Did not see it on Amazon Prime or Netflix either.
No ammo shortage here whatsoever (in my house), and my wife just retired from Nosler, so she's VERY familiar with this entire debacle. I've got thousands of rounds stashed, she encouraged me to get a Dillion years ago to stay ahead of the game. This one can't be fooled!

Just as a visable example, here's a shot of my BHP after a range session with my Kimber Aegis Elite Custom (OI) of 400 rounds last week in the outback here.

Like I said, no Red Box, and no ammo shortage. ;)

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No Red Box here anymore thanks to the ChiCom flu. Did not see it on Amazon Prime or Netflix either.
No ammo shortage here whatsoever (in my house), and my wife just retired from Nosler, so she's VERY familiar with this entire debacle. I've got thousands of rounds stashed, she encouraged me to get a Dillion years ago to stay ahead of the game. This one can't be fooled!

Just as a visable example, here's a shot of my BHP after a range session with my Kimber Aegis Elite Custom (OI) of 400 rounds last week in the outback here.

Like I said, no Red Box, and no ammo shortage. ;)
No Red Box? It's a conspiracy.
They're trying to force you to watch CNN.
Abandon ship!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Do you have food for a siege?
I just picked up another 8 pounds of dried milk good for 15 year storage.
That goes into another food safe bucket.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Do you have food for a siege?
I just picked up another 8 pounds of dried milk good for 15 year storage.
That goes into another food safe bucket.
Yup. And I'm not even prepping for hard times.
With my situation I keep enough food to last 5 people a month without missing a step as long as the generators hold out.
I have enough canned and dry goods to let 5 people survive for probably a year if I supplement it with fish and random small game.
We have a well for water and a river in my back yard.
Surrounded by miles of timber and farms.
I'm good to go.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yup. And I'm not even prepping for hard times.
With my situation I keep enough food to last 5 people a month without missing a step as long as the generators hold out.
I have enough canned and dry goods to let 5 people survive for probably a year if I supplement it with fish and random small game.
We have a well for water and a river in my back yard.
Surrounded by miles of timber and farms.
I'm good to go.
Keep adding. This crap ain't over.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts