Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This low end springer 1911 found its way here to live. Already torn down and have some Wilson stuff coming. Clean up trigger and some other stuff. Not big bucks but will be a good project and than a shooter
This WW2 comemerative just got here a few min ago. Headed for tear down bench after springer is off to my ultra sound. That should do it for a while:D

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The other one. Don't know yet what to do with

Attachments

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Maybe start a thread on the project gun in the gunsmith section and keep us updated.

I have a new Custom stainless that will be getting some work and I plan to do that. May wait till my mill gets here!

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
This low end springer 1911 found its way here to live. Already torn down and have some Wilson stuff coming. Clean up trigger and some other stuff. Not big bucks but will be a good project and than a shooter
This WW2 comemerative just got here a few min ago. Headed for tear down bench after springer is off to my ultra sound. That should do it for a while:D
Look Mommy, it's a "Bag Job"!!!! :eek::eek::eek: It looks like it may be a fun project. Keep us up to date with it!!!

Reactions: Phat

·
Super Moderator
38,416 Posts
Maybe start a thread on the project gun in the gunsmith section and keep us updated.

I have a new Custom stainless that will be getting some work and I plan to do that. May wait till my mill gets here!
I like that idea, great suggestion Mike.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Phat

Have you done any machine checkering? I have always done it by hand but am ordering. Small mill and will getting a rotary table and trying.

·
Registered
14,040 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am not a smith. Most of what do is just fluff and buff to my liking So I am sure if I showed how I did it...it wouldn't be the rite way and give the smart guys a heart attack. Have a lot of metal working tools as I build race cars and hot rods . Armature hour for sure!!! Lol

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Phat

Have you done any machine checkering? I have always done it by hand but am ordering. Small mill and will getting a rotary table and trying.
Would like to learn. But can't be any diff than doing axle splines. I guess. I didn't know you could do it by hand:confused:

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Checkout you tube for Harp customs. He shows a clip of some milling procedures on 1911s including checkering front straps.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yep. Old school. This one isn't completely done.
Wow Mike. That's by hand?:eek: don't think u need a mill. Lol. Looks great. I have a ratty Charles Daly I might try. The WWII comemerative
Ready for a little touch up. Nothing radical. OK back too toy shop

Attachments

·
Registered
14,040 Posts
Wow Mike. That's by hand?:eek: don't think u need a mill. Lol. Looks great. I have a ratty Charles Daly I might try. The WWII comemerative
Ready for a little touch up. Nothing radical. OK back too toy shop
Maybe someone here knows or maybe you could post it over on the 1911.Forum and get a possible value for the WWII before you alter the value.
May have some collector value but the niche for owners are dying off every day.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
I did a real careful cleanup only. But still can't find any info on the gentlemen other than he may have been in PA. Got it out of Idaho

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The springer came out pretty nice trigger feels great. Bunch of Wilson parts. Off to the range in morning to see how I did lots of directional sanding and cleaning

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts