Kimber Talk Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a concealed carry holster for my Micro 9.......
I tried the Azula one clip IWB holster but it was very uncomfortable against my scrawny body. I'm now using a Fobus paddle holster but it sticks out further than I'd like. I'm thinking the Azula 2 slot OWB pancake might keep the pistol a little closer to my waist. The Azula paddle holster would be another option but may stick out as far as the Fobus. Anybody out there with experience with these holsters? I was impressed with the fit and quality of the Azula IWB but it was just too uncomfortable.

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
I'm not familiar with Azula, But I think you're on the right track with TWO points of attachment, either loops or slots. The gun will more likely stay where you want it, and if the maker chooses to do so, can tip it into the body more.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Check out Kusiak old fashion in the waist band holsters. I had the same problem, nothing seemed comfortable until I read about these and took a chance. By the way you will most likely be like the rest of us and have a couple tupper ware full of the perfect holster until you find the right one. They take a while but they are worth it, I have one for five different carry guns.

·
Registered
298 Posts
First off.. a IWB will be “as you said” uncomfortable... a holster is supposed to be Comforting not comfortable... I have a muddy River just like the Azula and I feel it but not uncomfortable.. I know it’s there like I should...
The only way you will get away from that is off your body...but I can wear a thin T-shirt and you would never know I was carrying

·
Registered
133 Posts
I love my Azula with two clips. If you wear a T-shirt tucked between the body and holster, and a light or heavy shirt over the outside, it works great and is not bothersome at all. You can buy one on Amazon cheaply, try it and return it if you don’t agree?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
"Comforting" I can deal with; painful I cannot. I'm fairly trim with a 31' waist so there's not much fat to cushion the impact of an IWB holster. For that reason I've been carrying a Kahr 380 or LCP in a back pocket holster when I really need to be discrete. I'd like to move up to a 9mm if I can find a comfortable holster. The paddle Fobus is OK but sticks out a little further than I'd like.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I love my Azula with two clips. If you wear a T-shirt tucked between the body and holster, and a light or heavy shirt over the outside, it works great and is not bothersome at all. You can buy one on Amazon cheaply, try it and return it if you don’t agree?
I just got home from a day of hiking with my Micro 9 in my Azula two-clip holster. I can honestly say that I literally forgot I was wearing it (I very rarely carry, only 5-6 times a year). The gun is so light and the holster so comfortable, compared to my 3-inch S&W Model 629 44 Mag I carry in bear country. I’m 6 foot, 175 lbs....

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Living where I do I’m constantly switching between shorts during the day and slacks for evening/ dinner wear. That’s why I prefer the Milt Sparks with the snaps.
Both are very well made.

·
Registered
7,896 Posts
Living where I do I’m constantly switching between shorts during the day and slacks for evening/ dinner wear. That’s why I prefer the Milt Sparks with the snaps.
Both are very well made.
Skip, we all try to recommend what we like through experience. Everyone here listed quality holster but at the end of the day, it’s what is the most comfortable and work best for you and your situation. It really is a trial and error decision. I guess that’s why I have 4 quality holsters for my Ultra TLE.

·
Registered
949 Posts
A box o' holsters is a rite of handgun passage.
If you own and carry handguns, eventually you will have a box of them that you dont use.

·
Super Moderator
37,744 Posts
If you own and carry handguns, eventually you will have a box of them that you dont use.
That is the honest truth, been there and done that. I ended up giving a lot of them away to forum members.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Some gunshops have a box, also and sel them cheap or trade for one of yours and a small fee. Kinda like a holster library, try it-you may like it.

·
Registered
949 Posts
My LGS has a big box o' used parts and holsters they sell super cheap.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Been using a Wright Leather Works pancake that looks a lot like the Azula pictured by Undy. Really comfortable and rides close to the body. I called and had an extra little bit added to cover the hammer. That is just preference though. I concider it a sweat guard as much as anything.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Not unless it completely covers the trigger guard on both sides. Any exposure of the trigger is a deal breaker. Safety must come first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We are not talking about a striker fired pistol. These are for hammer guns where the safety blocks or deactivates the hammer and trigger. Like the Micro 9 or any of the traditional 1911's.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
We are not talking about a striker fired pistol. These are for hammer guns where the safety blocks the deactivates the hammer and trigger. Like the Micro 9 or any of the traditional 1911's.
Again, if it doesn’t cover the trigger completely your asking for a negligent discharge. Safety’s have been known to accidentally get snickt off and even a double action trigger can be pulled by something when holstering. To each their own but I have three rules with holsters.
1) it has to attach solid and not move.
2) it must retain the weapon.
3) it must cover the trigger AND guard completely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 53 Posts