Kimber Talk Forums banner
61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
I'm duplicating my post on IWB rigs here for obvious reasons (to prevent newbies from a serious mistake):

Another tip based on both contact and working with professionals, and my own experience regarding IWB rigs:

Avoid any holster that employs a clip to attach to your pants. If you ever have any strenuous activity while armed with one, there's a strong possibility the entire rig will bail and land on the ground, and if that's not enough, a hasty draw from concealment may also remove the holster with the gun. These things just are NOT secure by any means and just flop about.

A true quality IWB rig will have two belt loops to really secure the rig and prevent flopping about. Another thing to look for is the loops spaced away from the gun, and not directly over it. You want to eliminate any unnecessary bulk here and spread the weight and bulk of the weapon.

Here's two examples, Milt Sparks VM-II (Kimber CDP) and a Mod 2 IWB from Adams Leatherworks (Kimber Micro 9). Notice the spacing of the loops; perfect and ideal for serious carry.

Moral:
NO silly belt clips
NO fabric or anything ChiCom
Leather only ( Or Kydex for duty)
Look for known/quality makers

After all, you're only dealing with your life here, so pay attention. Quality costs, how much is your life worth?

·
Registered
157 Posts
A box o' holsters is a rite of handgun passage.
If you own and carry handguns, eventually you will have a box of them that you dont use.
Ive been to a couple iunshops thaat have a box of holsters. They will let you shop there and swap one of yours for one of theirs or sell you one for $5 to $10..

·
Registered
232 Posts
I'm duplicating my post on IWB rigs here for obvious reasons (to prevent newbies from a serious mistake):

Another tip based on both contact and working with professionals, and my own experience regarding IWB rigs:

Avoid any holster that employs a clip to attach to your pants. If you ever have any strenuous activity while armed with one, there's a strong possibility the entire rig will bail and land on the ground, and if that's not enough, a hasty draw from concealment may also remove the holster with the gun. These things just are NOT secure by any means and just flop about.

A true quality IWB rig will have two belt loops to really secure the rig and prevent flopping about. Another thing to look for is the loops spaced away from the gun, and not directly over it. You want to eliminate any unnecessary bulk here and spread the weight and bulk of the weapon.

Here's two examples, Milt Sparks VM-II (Kimber CDP) and a Mod 2 IWB from Adams Leatherworks (Kimber Micro 9). Notice the spacing of the loops; perfect and ideal for serious carry.

Moral:
NO silly belt clips
NO fabric or anything ChiCom
Leather only ( Or Kydex for duty)
Look for known/quality makers

After all, you're only dealing with your life here, so pay attention. Quality costs, how much is your life worth?
Every one of my holsters with clips also have a lip that catches on underside of my belt. No way for them to come out with gun. And none of them are the clip .ace of plastic so they won't break, except one that the clip is made of same plastic used in car headlights and I took a hammer to the clip and it didn't break..

·
Registered
26 Posts
Speaking of that, does anyone need a Blakchawk OWB plastic holster for S&W Shield - original version. Don’t have the pistol anymore. Willing to send it to you for free. Otherwise it’s going in the garage.

61 - 66 of 66 Posts