Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
You might be an accomplished rapist, armed robber, killer, drug trafficker, wife beater, and car thief, but that doesn't make you a gunfighter.

You might be a cop with all sorts of fancy gunslinger training, but when they turn the Stress Dial up to Eleven, you might get a little sloppy.

This went down yesterday not far from here.

·
Registered
14,638 Posts
Justice is served!!

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
You might be a cop with all sorts of fancy gunslinger training, but when they turn the Stress Dial up to Eleven, you might get a little sloppy.
The cop fumbling with removing the magazine is a classic example of stress.

Ladies and gents, if you're having a problem operating your carry gun at the range, such as racking the slide or whatever else, it's not going to get any better in a high-stress self defense situation.

·
Registered
14,638 Posts
The cop fumbling with removing the magazine is a classic example of stress.

Ladies and gents, if you're having a problem operating your carry gun at the range, such as racking the slide or whatever else, it's not going to get any better in a high-stress self defense situation.
Yeah, and after suspect was down the officer was pointing his Block at the downed guy with the slide locked back...

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
Well, it's no War Poet or TS43X, but it certainly looks like it'll get the job done...

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, and after suspect was down the officer was pointing his Block at the downed guy with the slide locked back...
Yeah, now the cop gets to be the star of training films.

The first takeaway is that maybe it's not a great idea to unholster your weapon while trying to drive. That had the potential to go really bad really quick. The guys in the movies make it look so easy. I bet Alec Baldwin could do it.

After emptying the magazine, the cop knew it was time to reload, but his sausage fingers disconnnected from his brain, and he couldn't make it happen. That's when his brain said "füque it," and just glossed over that whole step. Only when things slowed down a little, did he realize the error, and executed the reload.

I'm not being condemnatory, only observational. Mistakes like that seem stupid, but it's what happens. It's something to learn from.

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
Pretty much the only thing I could think about through the whole thing was how stupid it was to try to steer in a high speed chase with a gun in his hand. The gun, and the wheel, in the same hand. I can't imagine he learned that shit at the academy...

Reactions: Chuck43

·
Registered
14,638 Posts
Phil, yes we are...

I thought the same thing "hey he is trying to steer the car (with) the gun in his hand." He exited the car firing.

And did I see him blindly fire a couple of rounds over the door frame while ducking below the car door?

·
Administrator
39,581 Posts
Phil, yes we are...

I thought the same thing "hey he is trying to steer the car (with) the gun in his hand." He exited the car firing.

And did I see him blindly fire a couple of rounds over the door frame while ducking below the car door?
Fell back on the old "Spray and Pray" tactics.

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It's to these well trained and highly skilled lackies of The State that we are supposed to give up our arms and entrust with the safety of our lives and property...

Oh, my. That is indeed a harsh notion to express in public. However, I'll admit to feeling a little skeptical from time to time while watching one of those Doublewide Donut Gobblers try to direct traffic. Then I come to my senses and remember that the Supreme Court has ruled that the police are not obligated to protect the safety of my life or property.

And if that's not enough, here's a video story told by a guy who was hacked up by a known psychotic murderer, while the police cowered in hiding.

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
But make no mistake, when it's time to crush your liberties, they will not think twice about coming for you.

Reactions: wayne
1 - 19 of 19 Posts