Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How come all five of my Dan Wesson 1911s, which are built much "tighter" than ANY Kimber, run 100% since day one WITHOUT needed a ridiculous 500 round "break in" period? Why can't Kimber make a gun that runs 100% out of the box when others can at similar price points?

·
Registered
747 Posts
My Kimber has run 100% right out of the box.

Reactions: Chuck43

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
This is a pointless argument and some of you are being goaded into it.

My custom has been running perfectly, after the first 50 rounds which I can't eliminate my inexperience and/or ammo. But that being said, there may be 200,000 flawless Kimbers out there and maybe a dozen with issues, and all you'll hear about are the ones with issues. The fact that Kimber is happy to correct the issue and make the customer happy is a better point to discuss.

Answer me this: "Why is it some people are never happy unless they are stirring the pot and annoying others?"

·
Super Moderator
38,416 Posts
How come all five of my Dan Wesson 1911s, which are built much "tighter" than ANY Kimber, run 100% since day one WITHOUT needed a ridiculous 500 round "break in" period? Why can't Kimber make a gun that runs 100% out of the box when others can at similar price points?
What purpose are you serving here, there are many Dan Wesson forums for you to play on. Every post you've made here (14) have been knocking Kimbers. If you'd like I can arrange a vacation for you to think it over.

Reactions: Dude22 and MIMber

·
Registered
14,040 Posts
Get'm Chuck. Atta boy.

Reactions: Chuck43

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
According to the members of the 1911Forum, there is no such thing as a trouble-free 1911. Doesn't seem to matter if you paid $600 or $6,000. Each one will have it's quirks form time to time and gun to gun.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
It makes me wonder why someone who does not own a particular brand of gun is so obsessed with that brand that he feels he has to go to the forum for that brand, that he has no experience with, and shoot off his mouth to people who do have experience with that brand, and based on their experience, love that brand.

There is only one explanation....he has a tiny MIMber.

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
Huh?

Acording to his "likes", MIMber likes being called a troll and likes being told by Chuck43 that he is going to get "a vacation to think it over"!!

MIMber seems a bit confused!!! :confused::confused::confused: The vacation may do him some good!!!!

Air.Head (1).JPG

If you don't like Kimbers, why hang around here? Go hang with folks that like your trash talk!!! Don't Go Away Mad! Just Go Away!!!
Curly Bill.jpg

·
Registered
276 Posts
I have owned 3 Dan Wessons and I currently have a V-Bob commander. Great gun with rarely an ftf or fte. I have owned many Kimbers and currently own 9. They are also great guns rarely an ftf or fte. Both guns are practically air tight coming out of the box. Soooo . . . if there are ever going to be any problems with EITHER gun it will be during the first few hundred rounds. I think that's the gist of what you have been reading. I have never quite understood the logic of individuals who feel a need to tear a product down in order to build up their own. Fortunately that isnt what this forum is about. You might want to find a new playground and some new playmates(-:

·
Registered
747 Posts
You lost that bet MIMber. What do I win? I'm pushing my second thou real hard.

·
Registered
11,761 Posts

·
Super Moderator
38,416 Posts
FTE with a Nighthawk? OMG, the world is going to end!!!
It's evident he set the gun down next to a under $2000.00 non pure, mixed metal parts gun and it got a fatal case of mimbitus. Unfortunately there is no known cure, the gun has to be melted down in order to keep the miimbitus from spreading to other guns.

Reactions: Lineman

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
You can google "Dan Wesson problems" and find plenty. The one I looked at not only had FTEs but his hammer broke. I'm not bashing Dan Wesson's guns, I'm sure they are great weapons, my point is that you can bash any brand and find evidence to support your claims that any particular brand sucks and the people who buy them is tupid!

Perhaps there is a correlation between the fact that most of us on this forum are mature and the fact that we tend to act like we've been around the block and have some sense.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
And thanks Chuck43 for taking out the trash. This forum is different from any I've been part of. It's refreshing, and good to know an active member is ready to take care of business when needed. If I have an issue with my gun, or my knowledge or whatever, it's good to know I can talk about it without getting attacked.

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
And thanks Chuck43 for taking out the trash. This forum is different from any I've been part of. It's refreshing, and good to know an active member is ready to take care of business when needed. If I have an issue with my gun, or my knowledge or whatever, it's good to know I can talk about it without getting attacked.
Amen, brother.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts