Kimber Talk Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any chance of Kimber or a third party making an adjustable rear sight for the K6?

I'm a big fan of the sights as they come today but when we start talking about a 3 inch barreled version with the ability to cock the hammer....suddenly the precision that comes from an adjustable sight comes into play.

Has Kimber made any noises about adjustable sights?

·
Registered
65 Posts
I too would be interested. I'm not experiencing much in the way of issues. I just like to be able to adjust for any particular load that I want to fire.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I too would be interested. I'm not experiencing much in the way of issues. I just like to be able to adjust for any particular load that I want to fire.
Yep. My 2 inch K6s have been great. The sights are great for the defensive type of shooting the revolvers were designed for.

With the DASA 3" version, adjustable sights would make the K6 a decent field gun.

Perhaps there will be a 4" model with adjustables at some point. Think of it as a more compact but stronger version of the old Smith Model 19.

We can always dream.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought a K6S combat model a few weeks ago. It has windage and elevation adjustment on the rear sight. Easily dialed in after a few rounds.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I looked everywhere for anyone (including Kimber) for an adjustable sight option for the K6S DASA. Kimber does not make the adjustable rear sight available for the fixed sight revolvers and no one makes accessory sights that are of different heights. I did find a fiber optic sight set but they were the same dimensions as stock.

My 3" K6S DASA shot 3.25" low at 7 yards so I had a local machinist/gunsmith machine my front sight so it sits 0.060" lower correcting for this (detailed in other posts here on this site).

Dan

·
Registered
147 Posts
Any chance of Kimber or a third party making an adjustable rear sight for the K6?
I'm a big fan of the sights as they come today but when we start talking about a 3 inch barreled version with the ability to cock the hammer....suddenly the precision that comes from an adjustable sight comes into play.
Has Kimber made any noises about adjustable sights?
I'm glad you asked that. I have been on the fence between the 3" and the 4". The 4" has the adjustable, but the owners of the 3" models have been very persuasive. I have to agree, the 3" is looking better and better...would just love it have an adjustable.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts