Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am compulsively organized and only want to talk about Kimber's here. And with Kimber owners. I have Glocks and Sigs. Does anyone go back and forth between here and those forums and how do you find them? As I mention in one of my early posts, forums are either really good or they are full of blockheads, know-it-alls, and mall ninjas working overtime to be tacticool. I don't expect a review of each - just a hint of the vibe in those two I mentioned. Or recommend other forums if they are informative and friendly. Ruger or Springfield?

I have been disappointed in Beretta forums. I won't name names. But among those I've quietly monitored in the past year, I didn't join because they are very clearly dominated by tools and I'd describe the moderators as power tools.

Any advice or recommendation is appreciated.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
I am compulsively organized and only want to talk about Kimber's here. And with Kimber owners. I have Glocks and Sigs. Does anyone go back and forth between here and those forums and how do you find them? As I mention in one of my early posts, forums are either really good or they are full of blockheads, know-it-alls, and mall ninjas working overtime to be tacticool. I don't expect a review of each - just a hint of the vibe in those two I mentioned. Or recommend other forums if they are informative and friendly. Ruger or Springfield?

I have been disappointed in Beretta forums. I won't name names. But among those I've quietly monitored in the past year, I didn't join because they are very clearly dominated by tools and I'd describe the moderators as power tools.

I read alot of posts on other forums when looking for specific info on a particular gun, but really only post here.
I do like Kimbers, but I post here because the crowd is older, wiser and just not bat shit crazy like the members on other forums.
The members here have a shit load of experience with most firearms, and can answer just about any technical question.
There are also alot of really good people on this forum, and some really nice firearms.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I read alot of posts on other forums when looking for specific info on a particular gun, but really only post here.
I do like Kimbers, but I post here because the crowd is older, wiser and just not bat shit crazy like the members on other forums.
The members here have a shit load of experience with most firearms, and can answer just about any technical question.
There are also alot of really good people on this forum, and some really nice firearms.
I second that.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm conflicted.

I want to talk about Kimbers here. Not Sigs. So I joined Sig Talk. I hope it's as helpful and engaging as this forum.

·
Administrator
40,776 Posts
I own several Sigs and I talk about them here, in “Other Firearms”. I don’t think anyone around here has only one brand of gun they buy. I’ve never heard anyone around here complain about mentioning other brand guns.
What John said, keep it in the right sub forum, keep it civil, and you're good to go.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I signed up for Sig Talk but like it here best. With summer arriving, I spend less time online so I don't want to be in too many forums. Too much time is involved keeping up. My stable of handguns is almost equally divided in terms of quantity with Beretta, Sig and Kimber. The latter mostly being the 380 and 9mm smaller pistols. That's going to change soon. I'm looking at my options for a larger .45 Kimber now.

I have yet to find a Beretta forum I liked. One thing is certain. I won't be visiting TaurusTalk if such a thing exists. Who wants to hear sad stories every day? :)

·
Registered
677 Posts

I am on both SIG talk, and Glock talk. And Walther sites. All 3 are excellent sites.

·
Registered
15,307 Posts
No Glocks. Member on Sig but to be honest been so long since I logged in not even sure if my password would work.
I am on 1911Addicts and Smith and Wesson forum Rimfire Central as 2Sharp2.

·
Registered
🎖USMC, Retired
89 Posts
I've conducted all sorts of blasphemy by being an active member in the SigTalk forum, in addition to being an active member on HKPro, Walther, FN, Smith & Wesson, M&P Pistol, Springfield Armory, 1911, Benelli, Beretta, and Remington forums weekly.

No Glock forum (or ownership) so that counts for something right...?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
I am by no means a Glock hater. I like their simplicity and reliability. My primary EDC was a Glock 43 for quite a while.

My experience with Glock forums is that they are full of ninjas who are into accessorizing their guns like a pimp does his ride. Glockstore crap. Lenny Magill is the greatest huckster in the gun business. I am reminded of a Dr Seuss story from when I was a kid. About the men who labored all day to sell Zizzer-Zoof seeds, which everybody wants but nobody needs. The sheer quantity of useless junk for Glocks easily exceeds that of any other pistol marque. Oh well. For the guy who has just gotta have that Zambeezium encrusted firing pin or a super extended nickel plated mag release with a rubberized comfort nub on his g17... it's his money. :)

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
I am by no means a Glock hater. I like their simplicity and reliability. My primary EDC was a Glock 43 for quite a while.

My experience with Glock forums is that they are full of ninjas who are into accessorizing their guns like a pimp does his ride. Glockstore crap. Lenny Magill is the greatest huckster in the gun business. I am reminded of a Dr Seuss story from when I was a kid. About the men who labored all day to sell Zizzer-Zoof seeds, which everybody wants but nobody needs. The sheer quantity of useless junk for Glocks easily exceeds that of any other pistol marque. Oh well. For the guy who has just gotta have that Zambeezium encrusted firing pin or a super extended nickel plated mag release with a rubberized comfort nub on his g17... it's his money. :)
Maybe, but you sure seem to have a bit of anti Ninja sentiment.
Clothing Forehead Nose Chin Outerwear

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Maybe, but you sure seem to have a bit of anti Ninja sentiment.
Guilty as charged. I realize that I am pretty harsh about this. At best these types are immature goofballs playing with guns and at worst a danger to themselves and others. Since I was a kid, I was lectured that guns are tools not toys. In adult life I determined that life is not a video game. In the most dramatic sense, killing or being killed in real life is not something that allows for do-overs. When I see one of these over-accessorized, undertrained nitwits at a range I move away or leave the area.

I didn't write this - but could have: Mall ninja - RationalWiki

1 - 20 of 28 Posts