Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't heard much about it but is anyone shooting IDPA or IPSC/USPSA etc? What are you using and what class/division?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Friend

I have a friend that shoots competitive... He shoots a kimber and a nighthawk I believe. I think he shot the kimber for several years before he upgraded to the nighthawk, but he is encouraging me to compete with my Eclipse...

·
Super Moderator
5,192 Posts
Unfortunately there's nothing sanctioned near me. I do participate in some of the grassroots matches locally as much as I can.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Unfortunately there's nothing sanctioned near me. I do participate in some of the grassroots matches locally as much as I can.
That's great your shooting with and against others. What style matches? Are kind of following IDPA etc type theme or goals?

·
Super Moderator
5,192 Posts
Some of the matches are loosely patterned after USPSA and called combat matches. My favorite is a rimfire league that's similar to steel challenge. There's some bullseye stuff in the area, but I'm not big on that format. Rimfire bowling pins is a real hoot!

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
Oh Yeah........!!!!

In my day, I have done NRA Bullseye matches, Police Combat matches, metallic silhouette matches, bowling pin matches and IDPA matches. The bowling pins and the IDPA matches were the most recent and yes, I shot them with a Kimber Stainless Custom II .45 ACP!! Bowling pins feared that pistol!!!:eek::eek::eek: As for the IDPA matches, let's just say that I gave my competitors a good run for their money!!!

One night we didn't have enough shooters to do the regular six round for total score match, so we had a single elimination match. The final round wound up to be me and my son (home on leave from the U.S. Army). We were tied, then he was down to one pin and I had three pins left. He thought he had me!! He lost his concentration after looking at my three standing pins and I picked them off one at a time as he repeatedly missed his lone standing pin!!!! The "Old Man" hasn't lost it yet!!! :D:D:D That is a seriously fond memory for me!! If he had won, it would still be a great memory!!!:cool::cool::cool: Proud of my boy!!!!:cool::cool::cool:

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That is a great story. I really enjoy shooting with and against my son.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts